Did you just download the latest movie,or hit song

FastClass

Please read.

So, You're Being Sued for Piracy

What's that? You just got a letter asking for money because you downloaded a movie? Here's what you should do.

By Sarah Jacobsson Purewal | PC World | 17 June 11

Today these entrepreneurs are increasingly hunting for new business on peer-to-peer networks. Lawyers working for these firms have been known to sue first and ask questions later--and sometimes they make controversial legal maneuvers. If you're illegally downloading the latest Mumford and Sons album and you aren't worried, maybe you should be.

In this article I'll discuss the rise of copyright trolls, and how they work. For any pirates out there, I'll describe what happens when the jackbooted copyright lawyers come knocking on your door to serve you a settlement letter. And lastly, we spoke with legal experts to gain insight into illegal file sharing from the mind of a lawyer.

Are Copyright Trolls the New Ambulance Chasers?

Copyright trolls work in a few different ways, but the end goal is the same: Threaten, scare, and embarrass people into paying a neat sum (usually between $1000 and $3000) without ever actually going to court.

Full story here.

Thanks to my friend Snoopy for pointing this out.