New Member - New Monte

blueanalyst

Although a brand spankin new member, I thought it appropriate to introduce myself to the club and explain how I came to be here. I don't know beans about how to use this site yet or how to post photos (and I know you guys love photos) but I'm sure I'll learn eventually.

About seven months ago I concluded a year and a half search for what I thought would be my perfect Monte Carlo. Last December I finally found a triple black 1970 Monte Carlo SS 454 in Florida. It is a well documented car and is at this point at least unrestored. It has it's original paint, original interior and 82,000 original miles.

It has had performance modifications made to the original engine, transmission and rear end in the interest of producing what I've been told is over 500 horsepower. I'll find out how accurate that estimate is when I get a chance to dyno the car.

The car came with two trophies, one for best in class and another for best of show. I'll get an opportunity to find out how much they like it in Kansas this summer. I've only had it to a few show n' shines so far. The car came with an after market stereo but I've acquired an original AM FM stereo like the one that came in the car originally that I intend to install before I enter it in a trophy show.

I'd like to thank all who post to the SS 454 section of the message board because it was your information in the posts that guided my search for the car. My wife has come to be a big fan of the car and the people we've met at the few shows we've been to and she is as anxious to compete in some trophy shows as I am.

I intend to be a regular visitor to the site and as soon as I learn how to post photos to the site, I'll send you guys a few photos that I know you'll enjoy.

Sincerely, John and Lisa Dressler

Welcome Aboard.. John, great intro. You'll get along just fine....now the real fun begins.. what dose shall I administer. lol first off thank god it's a 70SS and not a 71,, and watch-out for shady looking characters with green Montes...Oops!! I was starting you off on the wrong foot. lol

Welcome John and Lisa! You made a great choice in cars. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. What part of Kansas are you in? My in-laws live there and I know that state a little. I bought my SS at Ottawa, KS.

Dan

Welcome John and Lisa! You came right out and introduced yourselves, I think I just snuck in under the radar grin Stick around for a while, youll be posting pics with the rest of us in no time! Your car sounds beautiful.

And dont listen to what people say about Green Monte owners! whistle

Welcome !!! Now that you have been bitten by the "Monte Bug" and become a member of the FGMCC, you will enjoy your car more, spend plenty of time on the FGMCC site, and enjoy your new Monte family !!!

Overdrive - We live in a small town West of the suburbs of Kansas City, Kansas called Bonner Springs, Kansas. Small world concerning your car and Ottawa, Kansas.

You probably know that they have a great car show there the second week in September (this year Sept. 17th) that my Father-in-Law and I have gone to for the last five years. He's a 57 Chevy guy with a beautiful turquoise convertible.

Looking forward to entering my Monte there this year especially since they rarely have a Monte in the show. They usually have somewhere between 1300 to 1800 cars so I'm hoping for some good weather.

Looking forward to future posts,

blueanalyst

John, I know where Bonner Springs is. I was just in KC 2 weeks ago for a hydropower conference. When I bought my car, the seller told me there was big car show there in Sept. but I have a full restoration to complete before I show it. I'd like to take it to that show. I didn't know that show was that big. The previous owner and her brother, who also owned it, want to see it again.

We have some 57s, too. I'm taking our white over red Belair Sport Coupe to a cruise in this eve. Here's the engine shot of it. I'd love to see pics of the convertible, also.

Dan

63790203.jpg

Well the photos are in the hopper. I sent them to Rob so when they get posted I'll let you guys know.blueanalyst

Man! that hopper is slow... Joy.gif pictures, pictures.

From the outside Mike, they are identical. I haven't looked at the inside of yours yet but I intend to since they appear to be very much alike. I just sent some photos of my Monte to Rob who told me they would be posted to the Member's Monte section soon. So If you see another triple black 70 at the bottom of the page soon, that will be mine.

Dan, that's a beautifully restored 57 engine compartment. My Father in Law has an engine that looks like that sitting on his engine stand that will go into his convertible this winter as our winter project.

He has just finished a highly optioned 52 Ford Street Rod I helped him with during the course of the last two years that he describes as built Ford tough with Chevy stuff (ZZ4 engine, 700R4 tranny, etc, etc.) He did all the mechanical modifications and body work himself, everything but the paint. He's shooting for entry into the Ottawa car show and the Good Guys car show here in Kansas City. I'll send you pics of both vehicles.