2012 FGMCC Western Meet - Carson City, NV

Canuck

Woohoo, love this trip planning! I was thinking of going from Bend down 97 to LaPine, take 31 to Lakeview and pick up 395 there. Really enjoyed 31 when I drove it last October. Open to Aaron's route, though. If you guys can plan an overnight in Bend, I envision a mini cruise-in / cookout at my house that evening laugh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo, love this trip planning! I was thinking of going from Bend down 97 to LaPine, take 31 to Lakeview and pick up 395 there. Really enjoyed 31 when I drove it last October. Open to Aaron's route, though. If you guys can plan an overnight in Bend, I envision a mini cruise-in / cookout at my house that evening laugh

That route sounds nice Jay. Only 20 minutes more that the other route I suggested. I also like the idea of the BBQ. I might have to start checking out the hotels in Bend.

IMO, 97 from LaPine to Klamath Falls is a snoozer....plus there are a lot of semi trucks that use that two lane route (a bad combination). 31 is narrow, but no traffic.

IMO, 97 from LaPine to Klamath Falls is a snoozer....plus there are a lot of semi trucks that use that two lane route (a bad combination). 31 is narrow, but no traffic.

Yeah, I'd rather cruise as a group with less traffic. And, who needs scenery when you have a Monte in your windsheild and in the rear view mirror. grin

I did not put it in the itinerary on the meet page but there is also a cruise on Thursday night (starts at 6pm) for those of us who are in town if we wish to attend.

I made a change to the itinerary for dinner on Saturday. The drive through Lake Tahoe State Park offers more scenery and should make for a nice drive.

• 2 weeks later...

6 Months until the meet!

yayyay

So far the attendance is looking like it will be great. We might even break a Western Meet record!

fgmcc

• 4 weeks later...

Only 5 months to go!

It will be here before we know it. Really looking forward to this drive and going back to Carson City.

I currently have a list of 28 members who are either confirmed as going or are seriously considering it. If you are planning to go to the meet but have not yet informed me, please let me know. Thanks!

fgmcc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hmmmm, wonder if I'll get to all the improvement I planned to do after last years meet?

A year sure does go by quick, doesn't it.