2012 FGMCC Western Meet - Carson City, NV

Canuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have 17 members confirmed for the meet and still several more who are interested but cannot yet confirm. smile

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the Northwest Meet is over, the Western meet has 100% of my focus.

A reminder that the registration cost goes up by $10 if you register after July 6th. Get those registrations in if you can. The BBQ planning is coming together, attendance is looking good, I got my car cleaned up, I'm ready!

It's only 5 WEEKS AWAY!

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks!

Really looking forward to this now that it's so close. If you have not already registered for the car show or made hotel reservations, I suggest you do so if you can.

smile

If any of you coming to the meet have an ezup canopy, please bring it, we will likely need it for shade ant the car show.

The meet is NEXT WEEK!

I'm thinking of dropping the Saturday cruise to Incline village off the schedule. With the cruise to Virginia City on Friday, the poker run Sunday and the drive to Reno for the BBQ on Sunday, I think we should just relax Saturday evening. We will likely be tired after a hot day at the show on Saturday and might be better just to relax at the hotel with our favourite beverage. There is an Applebees right across from the hotel that we can walk to after we get back from the show.

Sound OK?

The club has provided some door prizes for the BBQ on Sunday but members can donate some if they like also. I have a few items I'm bringing. smile

REALLY looking forward to this. Just a couple more days of work and then I'm on vacation for 2 weeks!

2 Weeks! shock

I haven't had more than 7 days in a row off in years. cry Clearly, your going to require some retraining when you get back to work! kicking

Got this weekend to finish up my chores on the Monte, a couple days work next week, get packed up and Wednesday off to Jay's! shifter

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again this year. wink

Doug

The weather forecast during the whole trip looks awesome. It looks like clear sunny skies for the entire drive from here to Carson City. Should be a great drive. The temperatures in Carson City are expected to be in the mid to high 90s during the event weekend. smile

I've had a house full of company that leaves tomorrow. Then less than a week to get the Monte ready......YIKES! Can't wait to see everyone for a "car vacation".

Amost ready! band

Finished car with a good vacumming this A.M. Checked all the fluids (basically did a pre-flight inspection), gased her up, loaded the trunk, garaged and awaiting Wednesday. Other than personal needs to get thru the weekend, I'm good to go. cool

Getting anxious for the drive to Jay's and the trip to Carson City Thursday A.M. I'm guessing it's gonna be a good one wink

Doug

New rad hoses, flushed out rad, fresh coolant, adjusted dwell, adjusted timing... I'm ready for my 1,000 mile drive to Nevada!

Sounds like everyone is having a successful "preparation weekend"! Yesterday was a full day of work on my Monte, also; new steering wheel, upgraded burlwood dash installed (thanks Doug!), electrical glitches solved and some minor parts replaced. Today.....wash and wax and interior cleaning. Still trying to figure out a/c electrical/vacuum issues :-(

BTW guys....I have a large cooler with extra room if you need it.

Almost time!!!!!!

Sounds like your getting there Jay! grin

The A/C systems used for these cars can sure be a nightmare. Took me 5 years before I had mine where so far has stayed charged. I did notice some residual oil thrown on the inside of Hood and on driver side inner fender the other day. mad Got a bad feeling it is seeping out the front seals! frown So far very light spray and hope it stays functional until I get back home from the Meet.

Matt & Christine may not get out of Portland until Wednesday late afternoon due to possible commitments. Will know more Tuesday evening & will advise then.

Two more days of work, a hopefully good restful sleep, pack up the personals and hit the road Wednesday.

Does anyone know if we will be able to stay as a group for the car show? I hadn't heard any discussion of it but may have missed it along the way.

I'm going to have to MapQuest your location. Your in-between Redmond & Bend?

Will advise Tuesday evening on itinerary. I trust you have all that you planned done. I keep thinking I could have done more detailing, but considering the distance we will drive, likely won't matter anyhow. Going for the fun, seeing you all, scenery & to relax! Thats what it's all about to me.

Doug

Does anyone know if we will be able to stay as a group for the car show? I hadn't heard any discussion of it but may have missed it along the way.

We are parking the same as we do for the events at past meets. We will all meet at the hotel first and then leave the hotel as a group at 7am. When we roll in to the show together, we'll be able to park together. smile

I'm with ya Aaron. Nuthin like cruisin with the windows down & listening to tunes on a nice day. With our short Summers (rain) the past few years, I take advantage of it every opportunity I get! Just the thought of it being there and not working makes me a little crazy

Heck, I never use the A/C in my Truck unless stuck in grid lock on the freeway at 90+ degrees! Just like to know it's there. grin

Doug