Sign in to follow this  

gas

I RECEIVED THIS AND AM PASSING IT ON TO THE MANY

PEOPLE THAT ENTER THIS SITE!

Subject: $3/gal for Gas

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent,

united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this

good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the

"don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that

was going around last April or May! The oil

companies just laughed at that because they knew

we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an

inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has

come up with a plan that can really work.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a

gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to

take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the

price of gasoline going up more each day, we

consumers need to take action. The only way we are

going to see the price of gas come down is if we

hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing

their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? We CAN have an impact on gas

prices if we all act together to force a price

war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T

purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be

inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce

their prices, the other companies will have to

follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to

reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas

buyers. It's really simple to do!! I'll explain

how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10=

300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more

(300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the

message reaches the sixth generation of people, we

will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends

this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could

conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN

REALLY WORK.

George,

I like this idea for the fact that I like to drive things with big motors in them, the only problem is, it's only a temporary fix.

The price of gas will continue to rise not only because of the enviromentalists out there, but things like jet fuel are starting to be made from soy oil. Any idea how much jet fuel is used in this country alone every day? I don't know the numbers but I'm guessing that it's more than I care to think about! As more products are made from alternative fuel sources, the demand for oil goes down, (at least you would think so, but there are more cars and drivers all the time) OPEC isn't going to loose money one way or the other, so the price of oil and gas will continue to go up.

Another reason is that there are only 11 refineries in this country and they can only produce just so much fuel. The fuel and the layout of them is all messed up. Like in Ill. there is a refinery not too far from Chicago that can't even supply fuel to Chicago because of the fuel standards there, the fuel has to be shipped elswhere in the nation. This makes a lot of sense don't it?

I heard speculation the other day that the price of crude oil, which has been in the $37 range for a few months now, will get close to $100 per barrel in the next decade. This was from a pretty reliable source but obviously no gaurantees, otherwise I would start playing the futures market.

Anyways, before I start getting mad about this I'll just have to say, sounds like a good idea to me to try out and see if it works.

Don

George,

Another reason is that there are only 11 refineries in this country and they can only produce just so much fuel. The fuel and the layout of them is all messed up. Like in Ill. there is a refinery not too far from Chicago that can't even supply fuel to Chicago because of the fuel standards there, the fuel has to be shipped elswhere in the nation. This makes a lot of sense don't it?

Just as a point, Chicago gas sucks. The city put in some new smog-regulating laws a few years ago. They use more vegetable-gas in the mix than most other regions. My old 57 could run fine on 87 octane unleaded when I filled up in Wisconsin, or anywhere outside Illinois... but she used to chug-a-lug even on premium if I filled up in Chicago (where I lived).

I doubt the 1970's engines were that picky, but all I'm saying is Chicago has some insane regulations on Gasoline. And we don't even have a smog problem!

FYI: In indiana I filled up for $1.71 a gallon for unleaded today. When I drove through Chicago, the cheapest I saw was $1.95 per gallon. So it's crappier and more expensive.

Sign in to follow this