Brackets for rear disc brakes

Andreas, Please give me your opinion of eBay #1845677836, "Rear Disc Brakes-Chevy GM 10+ 12 Bolt". I want to add rear disc brakes to my '71 Monte using GM stuff. This bracket looks like the answer. Thanks, Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4

'71 Sandalwood SS454

'71 Project, Chopped, LS1/4L60E/12Bolt

The brackets should work. This is actually the ONLY custom made item in a rear disk brake kit. All other parts are "off the shelf". However, be aware that a 15" rallye wheel will probably NOT clear the large brake calipers that I see on the pictures....

I added a low-profile Camaro PBR caliper and had to use wheelspacers for the 15" rallye wheels. No problem with 15" alu rims, though...

[This message has been edited by Andreas (edited 07-29-2002).]

I bought the brackets you are inquiering about. With them you will need to get rear calipers from an 80-85 Cadillac Seville. Then the most expensive part is the rotors. They come from an 79-81 Firebird with rear disc rotors. I called Dave @ Steeltech Solutions #619-997-4239. He is really helpful and provides support if you need any questions answered. I have a tip for the calipers, buy some from a junkyard if you can find them. Even if they are no good it is cheaper then paying the core charge at Oreily's or your favorite parts store. I hope to install them with in 2 weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

Jason Peterson

jap777@hotmail.com

Thanks Andreas. I emailed the sellers asking about fitment of 15" rallye wheels. Will only purchase brackets if I'm certain that 15s are compatable. Thanks Jason, let me know asap if 15" rallye wheels fit when using Seville calibers on Firebird rear rotors. Ed

Actually, I have 15" Baby Moons on my Monte. They should fit fine. I am having a little difficulty tracking down rear disc rotors for a 79-81 Firebird. I found some on ebay I might buy.