Rear shocks

Looking to replace the Monroe shocks I have on the rear of the car. 70 w/hotchkis TVS 1" lowering springs.

What is everyone using on the rear of their cars?

Thanks for the information in advance.

With the quality of your car (unless your still selling), I would go with a quality gas shock like Bilstein or QA1 adjustable. If you are looking for an economical alternative try KYB. You can always use air bags and adjust for a level launch at the track and lower pressure for the street.

I have seen guys do this. Its a nice inexpensive addition that is effective at the track and can be made unnoticeable on the street if you choose.

Dan

I have KYB's from Summit on mine, one started to leak out and Summit replaced it free since it was 11 months old on a 1 year warranty. I lucked out and noticed the leak just in time.

I'm using KYB Gas-a-Just, part # KG5504.

Those would be the stock length A body shocks, when I have my SS raised up in the rear like yours those shocks only had about a half inch of extension left in them. It made the car handle the bumps poorly. How does that compare to your car and the shocks.

Note* If you need a longer shock because you have the rear end raised up from stock ride height use a pair from a 1971 Impala or Caprice, the mounting brackets are the same and they are 2 inches longer when extended.

Thanks for all the information. No the Monroes aren't air shocks, just gas shock. I haven't given up that someone will come along with money and like my car, but I still have to drive it and want it right no matter if I sell it or not. KYB's sound like something I will try for now. I've been thinking of the air bags in the springs.