wha.....

Arsin

Make sure you set your "Show Topics" option to "from all dates"

Default only shows the last 3 months!!!!

Interesting, I didn't know there was a setting option for that. When I looked I could not see any of the older threads either and was wondering what happened.

Oh okay. I've been busy with personal things so I haven't been on the site for a little bit. Never heard of a thread getting pulled unless one of the rules had been broken so I was a bit shocked. Didn't mean to come off like I was pointing fingers, I was just wondering what happened to all the old posts. I sent him an pm letting him know that what had happened so he doesn't get the wrong idea.

Thanx for the heads up grin

Ahhh, I see that. Then someone needs to start posting in that forum, if its been 3 months since the last post. Thats quieter than the interior forum wink

yeah just got alot going on. Haven't done anything to the Monte since the quarter panel. Still waiting for the rims I won in the raffle grin

I know that alot of the guys get used to a particular site lay out and have a hard time adjusting. Was trying to get them to vist the other forums on here.

Ahhh, I see that. Then someone needs to start posting in that forum, if its been 3 months since the last post. Thats quieter than the interior forum wink

I hope so. Unforunatly there was shooting here at a CONCERT with LA rappers (nothing against LA) but they wanted lowriders there because it was called a LA RAZA event. People NOT lowriders shot up the event and they media began calling it a "LOWRIDER CAR SHOW". Since then our shows have been cancelled.

For those that don't understand where I'm coming from, this is the exact reason I get defensive when negative comments are made about lowriding. Now anyone with a lowrider is being harassed by law enforcement because it has become a high profile case.

All I got to say is, RIDE IN PEACE. For the love of this, for those that loved this that we have lost, this site alone has had its share of loses, lets get over this hot rod/muscle car/lowrider/donk barrier and just embrace the love of cruising.

On a positinve note, as soon as I get the custom rims I won in the raffle from ENVIOUS TOUCH from Whitter, CA I'll post up the pics. 72 cross laced spokes with custom engraving and gold plating and 2 tone chrome/gold plating on the hub.

Low riders come in every size, shape, or form, as always it takes one bad apple to ruin whatever gathering you are attending. The mindset in the "Low Rider" community is one of always being outcast at other venues. I've been around far too long to know that there is always some idiot with a trigger happy attitude, to spoil the efforts of many, to keep a peaceful and long standing image.

Here in LA it seems that anything associated with "LOW RIDING" is taboo, and that's the bad wrap it has gotten. If people would inquire about its history and it goes way back perhaps as far back as the thirties. The creed of past and present low-riders differs a bit with the same mindset.

For me growing-up in the "barrios"(neighborhoods)of LA my recollection is filled with many club & car functions. For the most part peaceful gatherings.. until you drop-in the media or the authorities. You see our customizing of large family owned cars became different of our Hot-rodding counterparts. The Chicano culture is more credited for its notoriety, cruising was & still is a very important part of Low-riding, along with that the nasty word was borne "Gang-banging" which really gave it its bad notoriety. Our barrier goes way back as well, we had different visions for our cars, although with the same kind of passion if you will.

Our rivalry became a challenge to outdo one another and yet our bond became a "Club", others may dispute the differences, yet for us it was a way of life. Cruising Whittier Blvd was one of those gatherings we took pride in, till it was taken away from the bad wrap it got. The cruising era ended that year, though they couldn't take Low-riding from us.

The harassing part started soon after and the association of low car & gang-banging became synonymous. Yet another way for the "man" of (as we used to put it.. lol) messing with us. There are trouble makers everywhere, though the authorities seen all of us as the same. Police harassment has always been a part of life growing in LA, specially with the amount of incorporated municipalities in the basin. When I became a family man I steered away from the old ways and became a loner.. much to my belief that there was good in owning a classic car (old Chevy) & perhaps passing along my culture and or interest to my children. Ironic is none of them have taken an interest, though I continue to wrench on my old relics, with the passion that someday the art of restoring a "Classic Car" is our mutual goal. And see past our differences rather what truly bonds us in this small planet earth.

Oh! I forgot to reply on your post there Arsin.. I got carried away I suppose. Touchy subject. Though I can't wait to see the rims.. are you going to stay true to form? 14" with small tires? wink

Arsin,most people judge a book by it's cover(very sad).

I have a couple of friends in a local bike club (also has tats)they get judged all the time and there both great guys with great families and good jobs,go figure...

The cross that lowriders bare is that certain bad elements of society decided to attach themselves to that venue. So now unfortunately there is more than one bad apple and the true dedicated lowrider suffers because of that.

It's the same thing that happened to motorcylists, gangs like the Hells Angels attached themselves so now everyone on a Harley is a gang member.... frown

sadly a lot of the time and effort put into these cars is lost by the stigma. I have to admit I envision the lowrider crowd as being like the stereotype depicted in the movie "The Jerk".

Like motorcycles, or hot rodders, the hollywood images we see don't help. It's always some rebels out to take over some bar, and then the town, in a relentless pursuit to break every law in the books.

Ironically, the song "Lowrider" by WAR is a happy kind of song and probably comes more closely to giving an accurate view of the culture.

Right now the lowriders face an uphill battle; much like the Japaneese motorcycle owners that wanted to be in a motorcycle gang. Respect isn't something that can be demanded...it has to be earned.

Nicely put Rod, and everyone for that matter. Stereotypes and profiling kind of run hand in hand, I have to admit that hitting the local shows and cruises have opened my eyes to a lot of things and people that I never thought I would associate with or understand for that matter. I think that show that was on Speed for a while with Vida Guerra helped out slightly with the LowRider community, but unfortunately the few bad apples spoil the bunch. Not unlike the Harley riders, and like Mike said, I have some friends that most people wouldnt let thier children come near from the looks of them. A friend of mine since back in the early 80s stopped by 2 weeks ago, havent seen him since my wedding, he is probably 500 lbs? covered in tattoos head to toe, actually he is a tattoo artist, he was in my house for 2 minutes and my kids were talking to him like they had known him forever. Kids can sense good people without concern with how they look, its a shame adults cant do the same!

I really wish the lowrider guys could stick around long enough to see how supportive this site is. I agree with the comments about bikers, I know several bikers and none are affiliated with any illegal activities. We shot our selves in the foot in the 80's and 90's when we were so egar to have our cars get nation wide recognition that we didn't consider the repercussions of putting our cars in rap videos. When you look at Dre and Snoop videos, most of those are cars from LA car clubs, that well respected in the community. I'm trying to get all the clubs together at the begining of next years car season so we can put on a "stop the violence" show and shine and hopefully control the media converage a better than as it has. Unlike gangs, we work together to support our shows since we no longer recieve sponsorship from magazines like Lowrder Magaine and so forth. K, enough preaching, now for some bragging grin

Here's what they are going to resemble with custom cold and chrome engraving on the hub with chrome knock offs with gold ships. But that previous pic is by the same guy building mine. Enjoy.

e10.jpg

Ride In Peace

What size brother what size? cool

Rod,they say size doesn't matter.lol

Arsin,nice wheels,they look like they belong on one of those damm Lowrider cars.lol J/K Bro.smile

Look good,UH Green and Gold would look good..