Rear Coil Springs?

UncleJ

Just something to consider if you decide to roll the inside of the rear wheel lips. Make sure you treat the affected area before and after with a product such as POR 15 to keep dampness out. If not it will be exposed to the elements, trap dirt/moisture and rust from the inside out. And if rolling edges, you will also have to trim rear wheel moldings if your using them.

Doug smile

Hey LOSTANDFOUND,

Not trying to steal this thread, just offering some friendly observation! wink

I would first lift the rear at the frame and see how much lift you want that gives you what your after by measuring from tire to wheel well before settling on a pair of stools for lift.

Personally, I don't think your that far away.

I put a 402 CI BB in my 72 (that lowered the front some) and replaced the 10 Bolt with a 69 Chevelle 12 Bolt Posi without changing rear/front springs and have determined mine is to tall in the rear now. Still debating on what I'll do to bring her down a might. Might be just a matter of going from 70 Series to 60 Series tires.

This is how she sits right now!

100_2896.jpg

Anyways, just thought you might try this before settling on a set of stools that may not provide the stance your going after.

Doug

Thanks Doug, I have decided to stay stock height. The more I look at it, the more I like the height it is already at.

So, I have a set of billet risers....still in the box....1.5" lift actually if anyone is interested. $40 plus shipping.

Cheers,

Larry

Hey yall, So I went ahead with the MOOG El Camino springs this weekend. I thought it was gonna be a hard job and mostly I was scared of the spring flying towards me or cutting my hands. I had one close call, but everything worked out and Betty no longer rubs smile. Unfortunately, one thing always leads to another with Betty and now she bounces and driving feels like riding a rodeo bull. I'm wondering if I lower the air shocks if that would help with the ride.

I haven't figured out how to embed pictures so here are some links to Betty with her Cragar D Window.

[img:center]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinoriega/7296236580/in/set-72157629954410924/[/img]

You have to use the share button then the html/bbcode option on Flicker to get it to show up here, they do some weird stuff with how the pictures are stored on their site..

7296236580_556206f8b6.jpg

IMAG0707 by kevinoriega, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought some Moog 501 rear coil springs and 1.50 alunimum coil spring spacers for my 72 Monte.Spring shop said I could put the spacers at the top or the bottom of the springs.Does anyone know if top or bottom of spring would be better? Thanks for any help.

Don't know what's right or wrong but I put mine UNDER the springs two and a half years ago and have had zero issues with them. Hope that helps a little.

Nygel