After a Year...went to track

Jared Richey

Went to the track today with a good friend of mine Ron. The Monte done a best ever 60 foot time of 1.57.

Great 4th pass of a 7.42@89 through the mufflers, and I think I let out a little early which probably hurt me, I think this could have been a high 7.30s pass.

My friend Ron also took his 511 HP 64 Olds cutlass but had major traction problems only getting mid 9s @75 MPH on steet tires.(7s car easily)

The air was cool today, mid 50s, Pro-systems did confirm I could have went up on jet sizes but I have ZERO extra jets laying around.I have also done Nothing to this car to tune or tweak it in any other way.

33157328119040858580110.jpg

Ron was given 3 months to live in March, its Novemember with Stage 4 Cancer and he's on the Dragstrip with a morphine pump and oxygen, and is some pain 100% of the time now. The Cutlass his Dad bought new in 1964, Ron is 67 now, the car only had 50k original miles on it before it was hot rodded.

Keep him on your prayer list. For someone at his stage of illness he is doing well. smile

It is really cool that you are spending time with your friend Ron in the condition he is in. You are making memories that are very precious. Not to mention you car ran pretty good! You are a good man Jared.

I take it Ron can't count. He should have been dead in June. Sounds like a tough old guy at 67. In my neck of the woods that is young. I keep finding condoms in the glove boxes of 80 year olds looking for wheel locks.

Car is running ok, Jared. But 89 mph? What year Camry is it? lol. Bu hit 116 in the 1/8th last Weds on a few shakedown passes with Daveys old top end from that old white Chevelle. Sponsoring a track rental Dec 11th and without giving much away, Bu is well into the 9s on 315 Drag Radials and I plan on spraying the snot out of it Weds. The fun part is keeping the nose down. Got my 60s well in the 1.30s with a new convertor, trans, and gears.

Many vids to come. Decided to hire a professional videographer this time for the event. The best will be the battle of the F bodies. Got two buds with boosted 6.0s running mid 7s on E85. They each called eachother out.

What a great friend you are, Jared. It sounds like Ron is a truly wonderful individual - and making the most of the time he has left. I don't know how I'd deal with a terminal illness, but I sure hope it's the same way as your friend. I'll definitely keep Ron in my thoughts and prayers.