Back up...back up...back up

footballubet

If you store ANY info on your computer make sure to back it up. My laptop crashed last week and still not sure if I'll get any info back out of it. My puter geek friend is out of town until late tomorrow night. He'll start on it then. He told me before to get an external hard drive. I guess this was the lesson I needed to learn before I break down and buy one.

Just an FYI post.

Indeed good advice. I have a NAS (Network Attached Storage) that I use to backup all my files and movies. It is also redundant with multiple drives incase of a disk failure. An external is a good alternative as theyare cheaper and easier to use.

Got good news this morning. My buddy thinks he'll be able to pull all my info off the hard drive and even wipe and restore my laptop. I'm happy because I really didn't want to go buy another one with the holidays coming up. But I might have been able to sweet talk Santa into bringing me one! Nahhh I haven't been THAT good this year! lol

• 2 weeks later...