New Bests Today

mc71454

Did some fine tuning and ran some new bests today..

RT - .027

60 ft - 1.453

330 ft - 4.198

660 ft - 6.543

mph - 104.17

1000 ft - 9.593

1320 ft - 10.340

mph - 128.69

June9_2006_Burnout.jpg

That's awesome. Even on a good day, I'd need a big head start.

Your not the only one Wallaby. I would need him to take a nap before he left. Big J.

What does your 87 Grand National run?

And what basic mods and chip are you using?

My dad`s 87 is running 12.7 at 109 mph.

He should be running quicker everybody says with the mods he`s done.

What does your 87 Grand National run?

And what basic mods and chip are you using?

My dad`s 87 is running 12.7 at 109 mph.

He should be running quicker everybody says with the mods he`s done.

Thanks...

A list of my combination is on my website...I will update it tonight to show AFR Heads replacing my Canfields.

I haven't run the GN, it is setup with alcohol injection 42.5 injectors 2003 Vette Brakes, stretched intercooler, GNX Wheels, etc. You can see pictures on my website.

And it is For Sale - $14,500

http://www.geocities.com/mc71454/TOM.html

I was going to take a 10 second ride in his car but his site booted me, then it said to try back later too much data being transferred. frown

cool

yeah me to I just tried to get on also and it said site is temporarly unavailable, then I noticed in the bottom right hand corner where it said the car actually ran a 13.34 so he had the site banned to us, :P:P just kidding, darn computers there awesome until they screw up kind of like anything else.

fgmcc

LOL......

Here is a direct link to both videos..That darn geocities is a pain, but it is free..

http://www.boomspeed.com/mc71454/incar_1086_Sept2103.wmv

http://www.boomspeed.com/mc71454/1082_Sept2103.wmv

I need to set up the camera again in the car. I will for Super Chevy at Maple Grove in July..

I still can't view them cry and I need my fix frownfrown

fgmccBB

Try to right click and then click "save target as" it should download fine..If that doesn't work I can E-mail them to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, that is an excellent time for that heavy a car, with those gears etc!!! eek Any power adders? Can you give us a quick rundown of your combo? If there was a smiley on her for Holy @#$% that's awesome, I'd put it here!

Man, that is an excellent time for that heavy a car, with those gears etc!!! eek Any power adders? Can you give us a quick rundown of your combo? If there was a smiley on her for Holy @#$% that's awesome, I'd put it here!

Thanks...no power adders, but thanks !!

Merlin II block 4.500 bore, 4.25 stroke (540")

Home Built not a crate motor

AFR Fully CNC'd 335 CC Heads, 110 CC Chamber

10.8:1

Solid Roller 252/260 & .680/.680 lift with a 112 lobe separation installed at 107

Victor JR Intake

GM HEI 35 degrees total timing

Pro-Systems 1000 CFM Holley HP Carb

1/2" 4-hole spacer

Hooker 2" primary tube Competition Headers ($140)

3" Torque Tech/Dynomax mufflers through tailpipes and SS tips

Chevy 12-bolt with Mark Williams axles C-clip eliminators

Powertrax Lock Right Locker

3.73 gears

Dick Miller no-hop bars and upper and lower control arms. QA-1 Rear Shocks, stock coil springs and air bags

Dynamic Transmissions - Pro-Mod TH400

Forward Manual Valve Body

Trans Specialties 9" Converter 4400 Flash RPM

Front Springs - 6 Cylinder Malibu and KYB Gas shocks.

Dennys Driveshaft with 1350 joints

Weld Prostars with Hoosier QT Pro in the rear 28/13.50/15 (just fit) and Cooper steel belted radials in the front 205/70/15.

6 point cage

All steel except for hinge type cowl hood and front bumper.

Aluminum Radiator with dual 12" Fans

Mallory Comp 140 Fuel Pump

Hmmm cool , pump gas streetable gears moderate stall and single plane thats fast and pulling good 60ft times eek !!!!!!!!!! Here's the proof, it works when properly tuned and set up wink . LOL

Just pokin' some fun guys. Ask mc71454 how it runs and drives on the street. laugh

Don lol

Thanks Don

For those who may be interested...

I've been at it a few years just picking away at ET. The key is to not just throw parts at a car and to learn by taking whatever combination you have whether it runs 15's or 10's and maximize that combination. Then move into the next level you are comfortable.

A plan that is patient keeps it fun, but the most important thing is the knowledge you gain and the great people you meet along the way.

When you fine tune a combination over 2 years you learn first hand how all the parts work together and how they compliment each other...I cannot stress this enough to people just getting into performance street vehicles...especially those who seek to do it normally aspirated.

Here is/was how my 10 year plan has evolved only looking ahead about 2 years at the most.

Step 1 - 8 years ago I started with a 12.99 goal with 3.55's and mild 454 motor...hit 12.65

Step 2 - 5 years ago, 468 motor - solid roller 3.55's - Goal was 11.50's - hit 11.36

Step 3 - 3 years ago - 3.42's, 540" motor, 10:1 Canfield out of the box heads - Goal was 10.50's - Hit 10.65's

Step 4 - 2006 - Professionally Worked AFR heads, Custom 1025+ CFM Modified HP1000, 3.73 gears (getting crazy now laugh ) - Goal 10.20's, 130 mph - Almost there...

2007 - removing, hiding, modifying everything that hints it is a low 10 sec car. New Paint and trim. Car is original paint still. More fine tuning - Goal 10.1x's

Step 5 - 2008 - 4.10 gears in a Strange S-60 (Dana 60 Rear) I am at the limit of the 12-bolt with the weight of the car

Still NO power adders, new cam (already have it designed ) 8" converter with the same 4400 Stall)Fully CNC'd Intake to match heads, Hooker Super Comp headers with ceramic coat 2 1/8 primary. --

Goal 9.90 at 133 mph. Car will still be just as streetable and run 92 octane with no race gas.

Sorry for the blabber just thought I would share how I set realistic goals and tuned and tuned until I reached them. Don't just throw parts at the cars to go fast (except Nitrous works pretty well I have seen)

mc71454, nice post, you pointed out an important fact here some guys overlook, each engine is different and all require tweaking to work best. I have been pointing guys toward combos similar to yours for a while. Some get it right off and some struggle to make it work. I give'um a starting setup and assume they will take it from there. My mistake maybe I should explain each time that this where to start.

I build these deals for a living so maybe the tuning process I take for granted. I have some killer cam profiles I've designed for these pump gas deals as well as full on hi comp stuff. Did you pick your lobes or did you get a rec from a grinder? E-mail me,if you would like, what you are looking at and I'll see how it compares to my files on similar combo's I've done and dyno'ed. If you do also send me the rod length and whose crank and pistons, so i can have an idea of the rotating mass.

Don

Don,

I'll get some info together and send the cam specs. I am on vacation in Maine until Monday night...Will send a day after I get home

6.385 Rod

Callies Dragonslayer Crank

SRP Forged Aluminum with 10cc Dome

Approximate Cam - 295/305, 266/271 @ .050, .765/.745 lift on a 112 LSA, installed at 107