Exterior Paint 43 Lime Green

TPugh29

Okay,my wife has approved the full restoration of the Monte Carlo. I will be getting the work done end of January Beg of February.

I have done a bit of research and I will be painting the Monte back to the original Lime Green paint Code 43 and the dark green vinyl top.

I know nothing about paint and want to semi sound like what I am talking about with the shop. Will a clear coat change the color at all?

Tom, clear coat wont change the color, only protect it! It will give it a bit more gleam in the sunlight but nothing more.

If I have a chance, I can shoot a test panel of that for you with clear on it, as long as DuPont has a formula for it now.

Ill let you know on Tuesday if there is a formula that I can mix, if not, I may have a chance to shoot it in RM in the near future

If Dupont does not have a formula a Dupont Authorized dealer can call the lab and they will get something real close. Another option if the Dupont dealer has a Chromavision or an Acquire camera/spectrograph they can make the color but you need a real good sample to start that process. A piece the size of a business card or larger works the best. If it is faded you will not get a match to the color you want. The voice of experience is speaking about this part of the equation.

All this talk about DuPont, paint, color and spraying a color panel reminded me of work. Sure am happy I'm retired from that job and not going back there Tuesday! (retired 2006 from E.I. DuPont Automotive Paint lab, Troy Michigan)

Bruce

72montepics1002.jpg

Car was painted in 97'. The body shop was able to take the code and match it with what was currently available and got it to match. Code 43 for 72' was Gulf Green. I would think with today's paint formula technology they could get it just right. Basecoat/clearcoat really looks nice. Even after almost 15 years the paint still looks good.

David

Color code 43 = Cottonwood Green.

In 71, colour code 43 was lime green. Cottonwood green was code 42.

I believe this is lime green:

world_of_wheels_2007_031.jpg

world_of_wheels_2007_034.jpg

Thanks Tony, I figured clear wouldn't change it except in direct light. I am curious though the photo of dbrees' looks like what the car used to be painted. However, Canuck's is a 71 I am guessing his looks more goldish because it is indoors and there is florescent lighting? The best color match I can say is Bill's 71 listed under Member's Monte's.

72montepics1002.jpg

Car was painted in 97'. The body shop was able to take the code and match it with what was currently available and got it to match. Code 43 for 72' was Gulf Green. I would think with today's paint formula technology they could get it just right. Basecoat/clearcoat really looks nice. Even after almost 15 years the paint still looks good.

David

Damm thats a pretty MOnte... If it's GREEN it's good!!!!

• 3 weeks later...