Dashboard

I have a 72 Monte Carlo and the car is tubbed. I am in the process of putting the sheet metal in the car and I am trying to locate a fiberglass dashboard so I can get rid of the original one. I have searched on the internet and I'm unable to find one. Any suggestions?

Hi Harris, welcome to the club.

Try and run a search on this topic here, Covan Classics has one, "datadave49" bought one, he can tell you about it.

Good luck

Actually I just found Covan Classics on the internet however, I didn't see a dsah listed for a Monte Carlo. I did send them a message to see if they have one.

• 2 weeks later...

Covan Classics has brushed aluminum panels with holes, gauges, or blank panels. This may not be a correct picture.

372.jpg

I have a Covan's dash in my Monte, and I'll go ahead and let you know that there is a little bit of modification that has to be done to the Covan's piece before it will fit. I thought that they were supposed to just bolt in after you cut the original dash, but that is not the case. I had the brushed aluminum one, but I had to paint it due to all the cutting and sanding required. So if you get one, just plan on having to paint it. They did have some burlwood panels that were discounted, so you might could save some money. By the way, the dash looks great once it's in, and yes I would definatly do it again.