How to remove glovebox door Lock?

there is a small hole I believe at the "twelve o'clock" position and you put a small pin in and push down, but there are a bunch of "tabs" and you have to release one at a time (it's been 4 years since I did it lol )

I went out and pulled my '70's dash down off the shelf cause I just needed to know nutz

close latch

lock with key (key should be straight up/down now)

remove key

there is a small opening at twelve o'clock, I used a piece of welding wire, and push down the tab, work the lock out until the next tab appears, push it down and pull the lock more, there are four tabs

dscf0105pv.jpg

dscf0106ln.jpg

dscf0108ax.jpg

Thanks Guys. I was trying and trying last night. I ended up taping it up, have 2 coats on it now. I was getting agravated and didnt want to break it. It is loose though on the door , is there a way to tighen it up?

Thanks Guys. I was trying and trying last night. I ended up taping it up, have 2 coats on it now. I was getting agravated and didnt want to break it. It is loose though on the door , is there a way to tighen it up?

I recently had the same issue, loose latch/assemble, and had the same frustration trying to get at it.

With all the searches and links I found there was one thing missing that was paramount to getting this done. Once you do it you’ll find it very simple to remove the assemble from the door.

When you put your small scribe/screw driver in that channel you have to push the link down from the rear and while you have it pushed down you have to move that little link towards the front of the door as you do that you will start to see some movement. Keep at it until you see the next little link repeat a few more times and before you know it you will have it out. That is the only way to get at the nut to tighten down the whole assemble. I put a little thread lock on the nut so it wouldn’t back off.

spoony