Kick panels - how remove?

RARE MC

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to remove my kick panels. Any help? Car is a 1970 with no A/C. Modern Chevrolet has replacements for $179 a set by special order or I can remove mine and replace the vent cables and see if I can clean up or buy vent covers.

Tom

The lower vent butterfly valve is on pins. The upper one is spring loaded. If you pull down on that pin, the butterfly comes out and things get a lot looser. It might come out at this point if you know where to bend the plastic, but I needed a 9/32 wrench to loosed one more screw top forward on the passenger side.

First unhook the upper vent cable. Angle the kickpanel toward the middle of the car. You can get the rear to come out of the vent hole then get the rest out.

Nice conversation with myself here.

Well Tom as you can see youll always get an answer from someone here....even if its yourself. At least you got the correct answer. I went into work and looked at mine after I read your post, but didnt go too far into the investigation, but thanks for the info!!

Tony