Thinking of getting new wheels.

Ian

Because I need more backspacing in the rear I am thinking of new wheels instead of just getting 2 more Ralley Wheels. These are the ones I am thinking of. They are a 15x8 with "4.5 backspacing. Has anyone used the Summit Brand wheels? How do you think the Gun Metal finish will look with my Copper color? They also come in a all Aluminum finish...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-141-5861GM0/

SUM-141-5861GM0.jpg

Ian, I have those rims in 17" inch and and am very happy with them. I have 17x9 in the rear and 17x8 in front. A pic of them is in my siggy. - Dave

Yeah Tony that would look cool if they were body color, but not in the cards right now frown

Dave there is this footnote on the wheels

Quote:
These wheels are designed to be used with 3/4 hex head lugs or smaller.

Do you remember what lug nuts you are using?

How do you think the Gun Metal finish will look with my Copper color?

I like that style wheel, I think it would look just fine. Just look at the ralley wheels you have on your car now...they have a silver trim ring and a gray inner with a silver center which is not too different in the color tones of the wheel you posted... wink

245x60x15 all the way around is what I have now. My current ralley wheels are 15x8 with 4" backspacing and are rubbing on the right side...

Dave there is this footnote on the wheels

Quote:
These wheels are designed to be used with 3/4 hex head lugs or smaller.

Do you remember what lug nuts you are using?

Ian, I used "good" quality acorn style lugs. In using this style, I needed a thin walled 13/16 deep socket to install and remove the lugs. Never have had any issues with torquing them to the proper spec with the thin walled socket. A normal 3/4 socket fill fit the lug hole with no problem.

If you get them for your car, I think you'll like them very much. 5 spoke wheels just remain classy looking. - Dave

Ian, they are Nitto NT450 275x50x17 (27.88" tall) in the rear and 255x50x17 (27.00" tall) in front. Car actually sits lower now since my QA1 coil over switch. - Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...