dents

jacob

I wanted to see if theres another way to pull out dents I have been using a dent puller with screws and after pulling the dent out covering the hole with bondo. I have used a body hamer but I cant get to most of them which are higher up. I have used suction dent pullers that you squezz and pull... there not worth messing with.

You need to weld the screw holes closed. If you just fill with bondo, it may eventually crack and fall out leaving a hole. The proper method is a quick blast with a mig welder and grind it smooth. No future worries.

I like the stud welder Theres a harbor freight near hear so I will look for that. dose any one know any thing about welders I have not used one ansd wuld like to learn how to us one I know harbor freight has them Whats the cheapest they sell for and what kind to buy.

I like the stud welder Theres a harbor freight near hear so I will look for that. dose any one know any thing about welders I have not used one ansd wuld like to learn how to us one I know harbor freight has them Whats the cheapest they sell for and what kind to buy.

http://www.harborfreight.com/110-amp-220-volt-flux-and-mig-welder-94164.html You can add gas,But practice on something,

I like that welder and I like the price even more has any one used a 110 amp welder like that? How well dose it work? I have read the reveiws some said they used it only 4 times and It died. Are there any tips I need know before welding?

I have a Hobart 110V welder that I bought from Tractor Supply about 5yrs ago. You can use flux core or gas weld with it. One of my best tools in my garage. Cost anywhere from $450-$600 now. I think I payed $435 for mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what every one here thinks, but my experience with Harbor Freight is they have cheap tools cheap. I buy some specialty tools there if I need to use it only a few times. I am not sure if I would buy a welder from there

DITTO. Although I did buy and framing nailer there 10 yrs ago and it is still going strong. Granted it is not used every day but when used it is used hard and a lot. I do keep it oiled when using it though.

Well I brought a stick/tig welded from them and in return had to get more power to the garage. Once the power was finished the stick side of the welded works good haven't tried the tig part yet. When we upgrade our air compressor they will probably get the money as everyone wants close to $500 for the compressor we have our eye on. Some of their tools do look cheap but the warrenty is the same as caftsman when a hand tool breaks.

I got these butt weld clamps from Eastwood they worked great. A month or so after I got them I saw some at Harbor freight. I bought them because it was only $8 bucks. I compared them to the Eastwood ones and they are exactly the same!!! Plus twice as many!!

Eastwood link

http://www.eastwood.com/intergrip-panel-clamps-set-of-4.html

Harbor Freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-butt-welding-clamps-44751.html

I have some 3/4" drive sockets from Harbor Freight and beat the heck out of them with my 1200 ft/lb Matco (IR) impact and they are holding up to daily use on trucks. I also have their 20 ton air powered bottle jack that I use just about everyday for lifting tractor and trailers with smile

I have a 30 gallon air compressor so airs not a problem and my dads freind is a electrition so powers not an issue. I need a stronger impact wrench and air wrench I need a welder but I wouldnt use full time. like for welding holes shut or puting in a peice of sheet metal. until i get my car

Thats what I think about Harbor Feight to. I will use some of there tools for lite jobs. I wont buy any thing electrical from them cause it burns up to quick.