quick Velle update

CrazyDavey

guys just wanted to get out some results for the first time out with the new motor..I'll write it up better later..I'm shot...

car worked flawlessly right off the trailer...first pass 9.90 @134.34 shifting at 6000 with a 2700'DA and a 28.02 baro.....second pass 9.86@134.26 shifting at 6200 with a 2800'DA and a 27.98 baro

started trying to slow it down so I wouldn't get tossed..added some throttle stop still went 9.89@134.23 (damn thing was getting faster)...2900'DA and a 27.96 baro...added more throttle stop (it's about at 3/4 now), dropped the shift point back to 6000 still went 9.90@134.34...3019'DA and a 27.95 baro...

tomorrow I'll take some timing out and add some weight to see if I can get it in the 10.0's....wish I could have kept going, I think there was a high 9.7x in there...glad I didn't jump the gun on gears too..the 3:73's now trap at 65-6700 with this new motor..before it trapped 61-6200.... wink

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

That is totally awesome!!!

High 9's were my goal with my Monte several years ago but my money went elsewhere so that is on hold for now. Glad to see your Chevelle doing it, that would have been cool to see just how fast it really wanted to go but like you said you would have been kicked out... shifter

WOW Davey, you are killin the numbers. Guess Mike really has some catchin up to do now.

So since you keep getting faster, what upgrades on the bar, etc will you need to do? - Dave

Congrats Dave! cool I knew that Velle would be in the 9's and ya made it look easy. Based on your times the car seemed really consistent. How did the car leave and were you on the t-brake? Keep us posted and if you ever get in some mineshaft air I'm guessing 9.30's.

Take care,

David

Poor Dave.So many problems and so much to worry about.;)Congrats sir!!

guys just wanted to get out some results for the first time out with the new motor..I'll write it up better later..I'm shot...

car worked flawlessly right off the trailer...first pass 9.90 @134.34 shifting at 6000 with a 2700'DA and a 28.02 baro.....second pass 9.86@134.26 shifting at 6200 with a 2800'DA and a 27.98 baro

started trying to slow it down so I wouldn't get tossed..added some throttle stop still went 9.89@134.23 (damn thing was getting faster)...2900'DA and a 27.96 baro...added more throttle stop (it's about at 3/4 now), dropped the shift point back to 6000 still went 9.90@134.34...3019'DA and a 27.95 baro...

tomorrow I'll take some timing out and add some weight to see if I can get it in the 10.0's....wish I could have kept going, I think there was a high 9.7x in there...glad I didn't jump the gun on gears too..the 3:73's now trap at 65-6700 with this new motor..before it trapped 61-6200.... wink

thanks everyone..I'm still pretty buzzed by the whole thing...I also have to thank Chris Straub and Scott Foxwell for helping me put together an awesome motor, I think when the motor gets some more passes on it it will get faster yet.

Dave...as far as upgrades it will need a cage conversion (easy) and a window net...then a chassis cert...new double layer clothes (jacket,pants,shoes and gloves), neck collar, physical and licensing (pain in the butt).

Dave B....I tried the brake..started at 2500 and worked my way up to 3500...I got flustered trying to learn the new power, the reverse pattern and the brake. I messed up that second pass when I got on the throttle before I hit the button or it probably would have been faster than the 9.86...it really feels different leaving without the chassis loaded, it hits pretty hard...all runs were better 60's than it has ever done at Vegas (1.40-1.38 with no track prep)... and amazingly the tires held very well..I thought I was going to need more tire but the brake actually drives the tires into the track better so it hooked pretty good...something my pardner Dal told me happened with his car too....the best the car had ever run at Vegas was a 10.40 so this is quite an improvement...

Dave,

Just ordered a package deal (less the helmet) SFI 3-2A/5 jacket, pants, shoes, gloves and collar (DJ Safety products) delivered to my door for $571.00 from Cale Aronson 660-646-4553 / Cale@GoFastQuick.com / VIDEO LINK Aronson Motorsports -ADRL Extreme Pro Stock

Ford Racing - Dealer / UPR Products - Dealer

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - DJ Safety - RAM Clutches - VP Race Fuels - PEM Gears -Mark Walser

www.HOTRODPOWERSOURCE.COM / www.GOFASTQUICK.COM

Super nice guy to deal with and a great price on DJ Safety package he has put together. It may seem like overkill for my ET/MPH but should something bad happen I would like to stay out of the burn ward.

David

Congratulations, Dave!!! The sweetness of success!!

Now your partner Dal can check your tailights after each run. grin

Don't forget to change your avatar to "In the 9's!!!"

thanks everyone...

Dave I'll check that out..DJ is on the PSCA site often and I know some of the guys that run out of HotRod Performance...

well I got it slowed down enough today...I added 100 lbs...moved the shift light back down to 6000....took out 6 degrees of timing (now 32)and added some more throttle stop...it ran a 10.08 @ 130....then had three 10.10's in a row and finally a 10.09....I totally hate having to slow this thing down... frown

Dave- Congrats- that thing is awesome! Great motivation too! wink

I see you have a reverse valve body. Is that new? I have never understood the reason for the reverse pattern. What does it help?

John

Davey, if you ever make it to the east coast to replace that thing you call "air" over there, that damn thing would prob run 9.60 all day long. Or DA is consistent 0-200. Catch a winter event when humidity is 0% and watch out. But 9.80s will work. Def work.

Your MPH is insane. And now you got exactly what you needed. A high 9 second car backed down to a 10.0 for consistency. I see paydays in your future. Remember the life of a bracket car. If you win back $.30 on the dollar, you are ultra competitive. What does Dal think about all this?

thanks Andy, I couldn't be happier..car went 9's right off the trailer, first pass....just gotta get all the cert stuff done now so I can let her out....I might have to make a trip to Infineon for some good coastal air...

John, yes that was my first time with the reverse pattern, if you want to use a brake you have to use a reverse pattern. Not sure why they ended up that way except maybe guys just like pulling the lever away from reverse and park....I'm getting use to it....