Sign in to follow this  

My Alaska trip

Left on the 22nd in to vans. Arived in Seattle 23rd afternoon. I wasn't told the we were giong to spend the night there or I could have possibly contacted David Mou and he could have seen what I saw where we stayed. A completely restored to original 54 Corvet, sitting next to it was 56 T-Bird. In the other garage was a International (year 40ish?) PU hot rod sitting low and awsome. Couldn't believe it could look so good. A 28 T rodster PU re-restored and a very clean 53 Mercury unrestored that he was going to fix up for his wife with a sb 351 & automatic. It was hard to believe what I was seeing.

From there we crossed into Canada, so Christmas day we were traveling the snow and well sanded roads there. Snowy roads all the way, but also clear skies. The 5 day trip through Canada was very boring with nothing to see but pine trees mostly 30' tall and forest so thick that when they died the could't fall down. It stays too cold there for them to grow. They barely even have branches and look like poles with needles. Not logable. On the 5th day getting close to the Alaska border we stayed the night in a motel and woke up to a -57 deg. It only took a few minutes for the fingers to start hurting. Crossed the Alaska border and pulled over and slept in the vehicles, woke up to another 7AM extremely cold morning. There is nothing in Calif that compares to the views I saw on that 6th day traveling through a canyon with mountains jutting very steepely up scrapped clean by glaciers.

As cort probably knows what I am talking about having to take pee medication because of a dammaged heart, pee stops are very frequent, so I left a yellow trail across Canada and part of Alaska.

When asked how long I woud like to stay, my reply was that Alaska is a nice place to see, but I want to go home, it's too daaMMMM cold here. I was boarding a plane @ midnight 12-31-03.

My cost for the trip was just under $20. He paid for everything. One hell of an experience and loved it, but would not want to drive it again. 6 days almost to the hour. 3,254 mi nutz

Sounds like a great trip George. At -57 I am surprised you were able to pee at all, without creating an iceberg of your own... lol

Any way I am glad you had a safe trip.

Sounds like it was a great experience for you. You've been further North than I've been, I don't have the guts to go up there in the winter like you did. Too cold.

George, glad to hear the road trip went well smile Also glad to hear nothing froze and fell off lol

Glad that you had a great trip, George! Yes, that would have been cool if you would have known that you were going to spend the night in Seattle - I would have loved to meet up with you and check out all of those cool cars that you got to see! cool

Dave

Sign in to follow this