Rob Peters

No need to apologize Rob. After everything you've been through and are still going through, to even post on the site has to be a massive effort.

Stay strong and get healthy, then you can post ALL YOU WANT smile

Take Care Rob--Troy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there Rob. The best is yet to come. I know it's hard to sit idled after doing everything for yourself, but hang in there and let those who are there to help you do their jobs. Keep us posted whenever YOU feel like it. Take it easy Man!!

Hi Rob, your only job right now is to work on your full recovery. Your body will reward you for the rest you give it and all your caregivers will handle the rest.

Get well soon.....no stress o.k. smile

Cheers,

Larry

ditto

Sorry for no updates but I thought I would be home in a day or two from when I was admitted on the 23rd so I did not have Pat bring my laptop until today.

I had a regular appt with the doctor last Thursday (my birthday)and I had a temp of 102.7. That combined with.....sorry I will have to finish this later, they are coming to take me to the OR so I will finish this later today or tomorrow.

Rob

Rob, Sorry to hear you have to go under the knife. But, hopeful this will remedy your blockage, kidney issues and hopefully your infection too. I hope your feeling and doing better soon. Many prayers continuing for you and your family.

Thanks for the updates Rob. Sorry to hear you are not fully through this by now. I hope if surgery is neded to remove stent all goes well. At least the worst is over ..... and lets pray for your speedy recovery. I hope all is getting back to normal by next week as you had hoped. Hang in there buddy, your almost home!!

Dan

OK, continuation of my above post. Yes, they had told me I was ready to go down to the OR but no sooner did I pack up the laptop did they come in and say there would be a delay. (due to everything that happened when they insalled the stint which had me in ICU in an induced coma for 4 to days and a total of a week and a half in the ICU followed by another week and a half before they let me go home)I was already nervous about going back into an operating room and to delay me did not help.

They kept telling me to get ready to go only to have them tell me a short time later it had been delayed. At 4:30PM Patsy and I had enough and raised a huge stink because I had not had anything to eat or drink since 9:00PM the prior night. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. We were told it may be another couple hours. I dozed off and Patsy went down to the cafe to get some dinner. They woke me up arond 5:30PM (Patsy was downstairs eating) and told me I had to get to the OR right away. I did not want to leave without Pat but they insisted so they had to go find Pat. I did get to see her in Pre-op before they took me in.

They went in and got the stint out and after all that waiting I was back in recovery a half hour after they took me in. I didn't get back to the room until 9:30 last night.

Today has been a steady stream of doctors and tests. I was scheduled to have the umbrella filter, which was installed through my neck down into my torso but one of the tests they did today showed a blood clot now in my right leg so the umbrella filter will have to be left in for now. (I had never heard of some of the things they have done to me, things like this umbrella filter designed to catch the blood clots before they can get to my heart, lungs or brain.

I am on blood thinners, one of these means two injections into my belly area twice a day. I will be in the hospital another two to 6 days, depanding upon what else crops up and if my temperature stays down.

They weighed me today and I have dropped over 30 pounds since I entered the hospital on July 27th. I am starting to get a little bit of strength back but due to being in isolation I have been restricted to my room but yesterday they allowed Patsy to walk me around the hall here on this floor of the hospital and that felt real good. In this weight loss I have lost a lot of muscle tone which will return with proper diet and exercise.

On the up side. I can feel myself getting stronger every day. I really needed to lose some weight and even though I would not recommend this diet for anyone I will look at it as a plus for everything I have been through.

I have only had my car out once since the GM Naionals in Carlisle and hope to get it out at least one more time once I am feeling better but need to make sure I am up to it before I pull the old girl out of the garage.

That is my update for now except thanking you all for all your thoughts and prayers. I have had SO many people praying for me and rather than thanking every individual I will thank you all as a group. I love all you people and can't thank you enough for the prayers and thoughts. Keep them coming until I am through this. It looks like I won't be back to work until the end of Sept or middle of October.

Rob

Rob, Thanks for the update. Remember, one day at a time. Prayers are continuing for you and your family. Hopefully you will be out sooner than later, but go with what the Dr's want. You are focused and that will help you get on your feet and back to your daily events sooner than later. Keep up the good work and stay focused. I'm glad to hear your making good progress. Regards, CK