Rob Peters

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Rob, now just take one day at a time to recover, dont try to rush it you dont want any more setbacks. Get well my friend were all pulling for you. Your in our thoughts and prayers. Get well we need you! Oh yea I thought up a great joke for Carlisle next year smile

Great to hear from you Rob, keep on getting stronger, I know first hand that the rehab works just got keep working on it as soon as you're strong enough. We will keep the prayers coming for you and your family.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

I had conditioned myself to being in the hospital until anywhere from tomorrow sometime to next Monday.

The results of all of the tests are now in and with the exception of the blood clot in my right leg and the umbrella filter still being left in my chest all of the tests have come back negative.

My doctor came in this morning and could have knocked me over with a feathe. He said "I see no reason for you to be cooped up here any more. One of the reasons he was going to keep me was the cost of one of the medications. This medication is covered while I am in the hospital but he was not sure if it would be covered as an R/X from the pharmacy because this prescription is a shot I have to get twice a day in my belly and each injection is about $1000. He told me he had called the pharmacy and my insurance carrier and fould out it is covered.

The only catch is either I would have to inject myself or Patsy would need to learn how to do this. I just could not bring myself to stick a needle in my gut but Patsy stepped forward and agreed to let them teach her. She gave me my first injection of the day before we left the hospital so I was good to go.

They released me from the hospital and we got home a little while ago. Now my job is to get stronger. I have lost so much weight and unfortunately, along with the weight loss, due to not being allowed out of my room and only being able to do exercises I have lost a ton of muscle tone. This will come back with proper diet and being able to get out and walk.

The great thing is just being home. Thanks again for all of the thoughts and prayers.

Rob

I talked to Rob last night and his release was up in the air then. Glad they finally let you go home. Must have been that ice cream last night! lol If you need some exercise just stop on over at my place. The grass needs cut, firewood cut and the pool needs closed! JK Get the rest you need and listen to Patsy!

Hey Rob when Prayers goes up Blessings come down. I am so happy for you that you have recieved one of those Blessings to be able to be released into the care of Patsy and in the comfort of your own home. Continue on your road to a full recovery and get all the proper rest and also exercise to get you back up and running. Once again Congrats to you for hanging in there through all that's been thrown at you. Stay strong!!.... Rodney

Glad you're out of the hospital Rob. I know those shots all to well, sounds like Lovenox. Luckily they're what's call a 'sub-Q' injection, which just means it goes into the 'fat' on your tummy instead of into the muscle (I.M.) or into the vein (I.V.). Much easier to give, and very hard to mess up. I'm sure Patsy will have no trouble w/ giving them. Good luck on further recovering.

Glad to hear you are well enough to be home, Rob!

You've already been through more than many will ever experience. Hope you continute on a path to full recovery. As difficult as it has been, there will be positive changes in you and your life. If nothing else, you will probably be more aware of and grateful for life and good health.

Best wishes for a rapid and complete recovery!

Glad you're out of the hospital Rob. I know those shots all to well, sounds like Lovenox. Luckily they're what's call a 'sub-Q' injection, which just means it goes into the 'fat' on your tummy instead of into the muscle (I.M.) or into the vein (I.V.). Much easier to give, and very hard to mess up. I'm sure Patsy will have no trouble w/ giving them. Good luck on further recovering.

Samuel,

You are right on the mark with everything you said. Anyone who knows me personally knows there will be no problem finding FAT around my middle to stick a needle in but as of right now I have lost close to 35 pounds so maybe I am on my wat to a more slim and trim me.

Rob

GREAT NEWS RVP!!! You will be back to yoru ol fit self in no time!! We can plump you up with all that good food at Mike & Barb's in October smile

Has a firm date been set. Pat and I will be in North Carolina one weekend in October if I can travel that far by then. I hope it is not the weekend we will be there.

Rob

Originally Posted By: Capri's 71 SS
GREAT NEWS RVP!!! You will be back to yoru ol fit self in no time!! We can plump you up with all that good food at Mike & Barb's in October smile

Has a firm date been set. Pat and I will be in North Carolina one weekend in October if I can travel that far by then. I hope it is not the weekend we will be there.

Rob

What weekend are you going so we know when to...er not to plan it! lol

(back on the boards...you are fair game!)

I hope your recovery at home is going well Rob. Dropped 35 lbs? That's the approx. weight of a set of big block heads isn't it? You will feel better not having to carry a set of big block heads around with you every day... that's for sure. smile

Cheers,

Larry