Rob Peters

hey Rob havent chimed in here lately but like all of us have been encouraged by your progress,and now of course concerned,but confident you will pull thru fine-BUT you are not allowed to start any post on this thread with "had" or "almost had" a heart attack...that kind of talk is likely to give us one!!! but seriously, thoughts are with you and your family-you got alot of people in your corner,and sometimes that makes all the difference... Brian

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rob,

Dont sweat it! Thats what we have insurance for. Let them chew the rates down or do whatever they do to keep it somewhat affordable .....which is still isn't.

The important thing is it was in place when you needed it! In the end, thats all that really matters. Family, Friends & colleagues are all thankful for that I am sure.

Keep up the recovery, though it may be slower than expected, recovery IS recovery!

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

After a long recovery and three months on Short Term Disability I will be returning to work tomorrow. I can't say I am looking forward to it but maybe it really won't be for that much longer. Patsy and I are discussing plans for me to retire (this is another of my life style changes I mentioned early on).

I will let you know how it goes. It is my guess it will be difficult to get back into the swing of things and anticipate I will come home pretty tired for awhile.

Thanks to you all for your cards, thoughts, prayers and well wishes during my recovery, you will never know how much these things have meant to me.

Thank You All!!!

Rob

• 1 month later...

Good Morning All,

This morning I am headed to the hospital for hopefully one of the final legs of this recovery journey. I will be going into surgery to have the umbrella filter, they installed to catch the blood clots, removed from my body. This is an out-patient procedure so I should be home this afternoon. Pasty is worried because my last out-patient procedure is what put me into the hospital in the first place

Please say a little prayer for me. Talk to ya later.

Rob

Everything went well. The filter is out and I even got to bring it home as a souvenir........just what anyone would want. The only thing that went wrong was that the IV line quit working and I never got knocked out completely so I was able to feel everything from them cutting an access port in my neck, them inserting the retrieval instrument through my neck and into my abdomen area and them hooking the filter and pulling everything out. It was uncomfortable but bearable.

If all goes well I will be off the blood thinners by Christmas.

Thanks from Pat and I for your thoughts and prayers.

Rob

Hopefully there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Happy to hear all went as expected other than you experiencing some unnecessary pain. Keep up the good work and you'll put all this behind you soon.

We expect you to be able to simply enjoy the eastern with us. Based on what I am hearing it definitely seems possible.

Keep up the good work.

Dan