Power Window Wiring

I am installing a complete power window set up into a non-power window car. I have the following questions:

1. Where does the front crossover wiring harness run? Along with the main harness or under the instrument cluster?

2. Where does the relay mount?

3. Where does the relay power (orange/black) wire plug into?

4. Where does the ignition wire for the relay plug into?

I have the dash out so I have access to everything.

• 2 weeks later...

1. the cross over wiring harness runs across/back of the dash by itself, from the fuse block area up & just below the bottom of the windshield, behind the defroster ducts to the passenger side, the connector for the passenger side door should end up about where the front passenger dash speaker is mounted.

2. the relay mounts behind the drivers side kick panel, there with be 2 dimples where it mounts at.

3. this depends on what year you have. in '70, there was a seperate wiring harness for the power options, it got its power from the horn relay, the wire from the horn relay ran to a 30A circuit breaker mounted on the firewall below the brake booster, the wire from the breaker passed through the firewall into the interior & had a connector on it to power 3 options.

71 & 72 were more simplier, the wire just pluged into the fuse block, or if there were more than 1 power option, the 3 pluged connector pluged in first.

4. all years, it plugs into the IGN. terminal of the fuse block.

------------------

'70 Monte Carlo, Forest Green Metallic w/black vinyl top, Dark Green Metallic Interior

community.webshots.com/user/wv_moonshiner

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mr70monte

278787_3_full.jpg

If you see this car on a trailer, call 911, because it's stolen!

Thanks for the info! I installed the harness last weekend. Everything ended up just as you described. I got the power from the fuse block.

I had the doors off to shave the door handles and create the holes for the PW harness so I ran the solenoid wiring and mechanical emergeny release with the PW harness. Everything works great. The next step is to install the regulators and the rear PW harness. That looks to be fairly straightforward.