Photo Album Sorting Problem

MGD72Monte

I posted something on this problem a while back but still having problems.

Note that this problem started sometime in June when the viewer for photos changed. Here is what happens:

When I click on "sort photos" in an album the following error messages come up:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/fgmcccom/public_html/photopost/pp-inc.php on line 2140

and

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fgmcccom/public_html/photopost/templates/forumstyle/orderphotos.tmpl on line 38

If you then select a number other than 0 per page the pics appear but the max available to select is 24 per page. If your album is 24 or less you can sort the photos but if it has more than 24 photos and you try to go to the next page you get the same error messages as above and never make it to the other pages to be able to sort the other photos.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response Ian,

The error messages are gone and if you stick with 12 pics per page you can navigate through the entire album and sort it so it works enough, but there is still something wrong with the drop down menu in that view. Whenever you select another number than 12 from the drop down menu such as 24, it initially shows you 24 pics from the album but every time you try to move to another page, it defaults back to 12 and if you pic 24 again, you will see the same 24 over again and never see the others. Effectively the drop down menu in the sort view does not work beyond one page.

Ultimately it would be better and simpler (if possible) to have a show "entire album" on one page option to select on the drop down. It would make it easier to sort the pics as well.

Thanks for the quick response Ian,

The error messages are gone and if you stick with 12 pics per page you can navigate through the entire album and sort it so it works enough, but there is still something wrong with the drop down menu in that view. Whenever you select another number than 12 from the drop down menu such as 24, it initially shows you 24 pics from the album but every time you try to move to another page, it defaults back to 12 and if you pic 24 again, you will see the same 24 over again and never see the others. Effectively the drop down menu in the sort view does not work beyond one page.

Ultimately it would be better and simpler (if possible) to have a show "entire album" on one page option to select on the drop down. It would make it easier to sort the pics as well.

No change at all from the above problem, still only works on 12 pics per page.

Hmm I just tried it and it seems to be working for me... I choose 16 and then hit the next page and it stays on 16. You may need to clear your cache...

I cleared my cache twice and no dice.

Ian, are you sure you are in the "sort photos" view of the album vice just viewing the album. If I'm just viewing the album I can select up to 90 pics per page and that works fine, the problem is only in the "sort photos" view, that's the view you can type in the position you want each photo to be in, you can also make any photo your album cover it has a drop down only for 12, 16, 20 or 24 pics per page.

Maybe it's just me and my POS computer.

Here is what I got back from the developer... It looks like it is different than the sort on the album view...

Quote:
The sort photos link for a personal album takes you to a simple page that lists photos in a specific album has pagination and a simple perpage box. You can set a specific order of photos or make an album cover that is it. There are none of the display sorting or advanced features one normally finds when viewing an album or category of photos.

Ian,

I agree with all that he says, but from that answer, it seems he does not understand the issue. This is not about extra features or fancy views, this is about a simple fault (IMO) with the functionality of the existing perpage feature.

Sounds like you understand it but here is a different way of explaining the problem to try to make it clearer to him. These things are often a challenge without a face to face so here goes:

After you click on "sort photos" in an album you are taken to the PhotoPost Album Photo Sorting Interface and the default shows you 12 pics per page. To make it simple, lets assume you have a 72 pic album. If you scroll to the bottom of the screen below the pics, just under the "submit" button you will see that you are on page 1 of 6 total pages in the album (at 12 pics per page that is correct). You can click on any of the pages and go directly to that page in the album. Works great with the default 12 pics per page.

Now if you select another number than 12 from the drop down menu such as 24, it displays the first 24 pics from the album and on the bottom it now shows that you are on page 1 of 3 (at 24 pics per page) so far so good. The error is: if you click on page 3 for example to go directly to the last 24 pics of the album, you will instead end up on page 3 of 6 in the middle of the album and be back at 12 pics per page. It is a simple (IMO) programming error. Effectively this means unless you use 12, the drop down menu in the sort view does not work beyond one page, it shows you the correct number of total pages adjusted for the number of pics per page you selected but if you click on any of these pages you don't end up there and the default goes back to 12.

If the Oracle still doesn't get it at this point or says that's the way he wants it to be, don't worry about it, the major errors from the original post are gone and the basic functionality is there. Too bad they can't make changes like I mentioned earlier (i.e. have the option to select "show entire album" on one page). Then this would not matter because you never need to go to the next page.

Thanks for your efforts Ian.