HD Comcast DVR to PC transfer

stangeba

I have an HD DVR from Comcast with several small segments from TV shows (news) I would like to save to my PC in HD then edit and burn a Blu-Ray HD disc for the future. Looked on-line but didn't find recent "how to" info clear enough for me to grasp fully. Looking to upgrade to a new PC soon and when ordered want to get the correct stuff on the PC to do this. Dell may be my choice. Ant thoughts? Anyone do this?

Thanks, Bruce

Hat to say it, but what you want to do is a little hard to do, at least the last time I checked into it because of all the copy write laws... Most of the HD cable boxes are scrambled so you can't do it...

I have recorded the playback on my "non HD" camera, at night with all the lights in the room off, but it's not that good. I thought it was worth asking. So far I have about 5 seconds of my wife and I in the Monte on Woodward this year and now my 6 year old great nephew and his mother, my niece, interviewed on local 4 Detroit news for their volunteer work at the Bell Isle aquarium.

Thanks!