It Was 43 Years Ago Today...

...September 18, 1969, that Chevrolet introduced the Monte Carlo. The 1970 brochure stated, "If you... practice the normal preventive maintenance recommendations as prescribed in the owner's manual, years of ownership could run well into double figures."

Double figures? Here we are in 2012, more than four decades on, and now with thirty-four years worth of double figures!

What great cars. In the words of singer/songwriter Neil Young; "Long May You Run".

smile

Dave

ditto

My car still has the original engine, I don't mean rebuilt. Its never been rebuilt or out of the car. 152000 miles on Engine and transmission, and headed towards 43 years, my car was built April of 1970 and gets 18-20 HwyMPG

Mine also sporting all original drivetrain....... Engine never rebuilt and as a matter of fact, until I removed the valve covers a few years ago to detail the engine compartment, it appeared they had never been removed for any reason.

Rob

... In the words of singer/songwriter Neil Young; "Long May You Run".

smile

Dave

That was 1976. Just 3 years later, he was singing "Rust never sleeps".

Maybe he had a Vega. LOL

Happy b-day 1st Gen.

Two days until my order date for my 70. SB 400 Turbo Hydromatic, AC, Rear window defogger, G70 15 white wall tires, AM/FM stereo radio, deluxe seat belts, power steering, power brakes, EZ tinted glass, floor mats, door edge guards and under coating. Total sticker price $4354.65. Happy birthday old girl where ever you may be.

Happy B-Day to my money pit,not Trich,my Monte.

As far as green she cost me 4067.00 new,not Trich,my Monte.

Two girls that cost me money but I love them both,at least Trich gives me a good return,devil I guess the car does to...lol

Thats noteworthy for sure -43? has it been that long-time flies-I sometimes think what a time it would be to parade the original design team around a bunch of our cars to see how beautifully they have been restored and/or maintained and how much enjoyment they give us and those who see them-I'm sure they would be as proud as we are!!! Brian