Another great meet - High River, Alberta

Canuck

This was my third FGMCC meet of 2012 with 10 or more members and what a great way it was to cap off the car show season. A total of 12 members and 14 Montes were in attendance during the weekend for the cruise, car show and BBQ. We gathered at Vaughn and Kathie's place before the cruise Vaughn arranged on Saturday. Of course, as always, the evening involved some bench racing. Sunday was the huge 1,300 car show in the town of High River, Alberta followed by a BBQ at Vaughn and Kathie's. The weather was great the whole weekend including during my 1,000 mile round trip. A couple members (Matt and Kevin W) drove even further than I did. These folks at the meet are like famiily, I think it's pretty evident in the photos.

I've posted a few photos in this thread. See the whole album here:

http://www.firstgenmc.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=672

HighRiver2012_07.jpg

HighRiver2012_02.JPG

Rosa (Keith's wife), Lynn and Sue (Roy's wife)

HighRiver2012_05.JPG

Aaron, April (Aaron's wife), Sandy (Kevin D's wife) and Vaughn

HighRiver2012_06.JPG

Roy and Kevin W

0134.JPG

0192.JPG

HighRiver2012_01.jpg

0241.JPG

0301.JPG

0361.JPG

Just a few more pictures.

It started on Friday with the arrival of April and Aaron from British Columbia, Matt from Portland and Kevin from Seattle. The meeting place……… a pub of course. LOL It would be the start of Bench racing 101.

On Sat morning other members started arriving at our house for a nice visit, Pat and Jean from Millet, Kevin and Sandy, Kris and Kimberley from Edmonton, Roy and Sue, Darren from Airdrie. Keith and Rosa, Ian, Lynn and son Riley from Calgary. Vaughn, Kathie, Jordan and Liam from High River.

We left at 1:00 for a nice cruise and then some supper then back to our house for some bench racing.

Sunday morning came way too early, but we headed to the local show and shine at 7:30am. 1500 cars turned out for the show.

After the show we headed back to our place for a BBQ and some prizes that Aaron had brought with him.

More bench racing!

Monday morning we gathered one more time for coffee at our house and said our sad goodbyes!!

Our family would like to thank all the great FGMCC family for joining us. It was a great distance for many of you, we are blessed to know you all!!

If anyone has some pictures from the car show please send them as I did not take a single picture, must have been in a fog or something.

IMG_9175.jpg

The new generation of First Gen owners, Riley, Jordan and Liam.

IMG_9179.jpg

Montes in our back yard.

IMG_9189.jpg

Jean.

IMG_9201.jpg

Hard to get all the Montes in one shot!

IMG_9203.jpg

Pat and Keith telling stories.

IMG_9248.jpg

Kevin and Darren.

Here are my pictures, posted with traditional American snobbery... grin

P9220157.jpg

A view of one of the bigger Canadian cities. The person that lived there was gone for the day so it was temporarily closed.

P9220121.jpg

Traveling to Canada is like traveling back in time. This is Vaughn's totally stock Monte... so stock it still has the original belt, but in Canada it is still the 1970's so that is A-OK!

P9230178.jpg

Lining up the day of the show (before it opened), we faced our cars West and saluted their hood to the Canadian national Anthem (under threat of arrest).

P9230163.jpg

At the show open, there was even a display of how Canadians commute to work

P9230230.jpg

The streets filled up quite fast when there were rumors of Americans aboot.

P9230205.jpg

A Canadian sports-car... (Gotta' love Canadian ingenuity!! Take a Peterbuilt, chop it and Rod it... look at the scale of it compared to that car int he background).

P9230194.jpg

Despite tough competition, the Monte's pulled in people all day. We even had a few crowds gather at different points. I wanted to answer questions, but I didn't speak the local language. Thankfully Vaughn translated for me and pointed out they wanted to trade their sheep & daughters, in exchange for our "land machines"

P9230192.jpg

My monte and its new show signage... unfortunately it was not in both English and French, so I was issued a ticket under local law CA.1235.A

P9230188.jpg

The fabulous Mr. Bunjes demonstrating a traditional Canadian auto-fest dance... as is tradition

P9240248.jpg

On the drive home I finally found a traditional Canadian family car in green like my Monte... (I want one!!)

Thanks for sharing the photos and all the comedy that followed. lol Looks like you guys & Gals had loads of fun. We have a great caliber of people in this club..I've had the opportunity to share in the fun with our Canadian brotherhood, although sometimes things are lost in translation. wink It's great being part of the shenanigans that take place north of the border. Word to the wise!! Never attempt to take "Snails" across the border?? You Canadians crack me up!! kicking

Man, no kidding! So what tune was Roy doing his "auto-fest dance" to, eh?!

smile

Dave

canadian shuffle

An old indian raindance usually preformed during shift tasks or bouts of heavy labor, or PT. Involes talking on a cell phone, smoking pall malls, and drinking a mt. Dew simultaneously. This raindance can also involve bitching about anythings while using a Canadian accent lol

Great pics, thanks for sharing, wish I could have been there.

The Northwest is where it's at Mark, when are you coming back? grin