1970 Featured in Muscle Machine Mag

JerseyMonte

You beat me to it! The Hemming's Muscle Machines magazine features a "Buyer's Guide" for the SS 454!!! Very Cool!!!! The featured car is a Green Mist 1970 owned by Leon Smith from Abbottstown, PA. Is he a member? Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

yayyayyayyayyay

Finally (HMM magazine covers the Monte better than most).

I read through it last night and there was only 1 tech data that I wasn't sure about. They mentioned other axles ratios were available, but I've never seen this. I've never seen a documented SS that wasn't a 2.56 or 3.31 ratio from the factory. Everything else seemed very accurate.

• 3 years later...

Hi Folks ,

I just purchased the HMM car . The owner passed away . I have been a Corvette and Buick guy . The car is a Baltimore car , sold at Sutliff Chevrolet in Harrisburg , they are still in business . The Buick community says our Gran Sports are fast with class , I think this SS fits that description too . I will try to post some pictures soon . Looking forward to learning more about these cars , and meeting some new friends .

:2beers:

Chuck 

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to one of the best forums in existence. We love pictures and stories and helping anyone that asks for help. This is a great group of people that love their cars and meeting others that do the same.

We have a number of members in PA.

Dan

• Like 1