PHOTO HOSTING WEBSITES

CKZ03

I could use some opinions here, what is the best photo hosting web site to use? I am having some issues with Photobucket and dont really care for it too much. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Picasa from Google works fine for me.

I'm using CHROME on a 10 year old DELL running XP Pro.

Bruce

I looked into that but I think it said you can only upload 10 a day? Is that correct? I'm looking to upload hundreds.
Yeah and we do not have the space for hundreds from everyone frown I have used photobucket for years, what kinds of problems are you having?

Its probably more of an issue with my computer but im not sure. Computer is locking up frequently during pic transfers from photobucket to the FGMCC site. Becomes unresponsive and have to end program. Of course then I need to log back into both and start all over again. This really sucks when your in the middle of a post with several photos inserted, have to start the whole post over again. Could be my internet is kicking out also, but the only time I have these problems is during photo transfers. I dont have any clue, think I need the geek squad. Im no rookie at computers but not an expert either. Let me know what you think Ian. Also can a post be saved as a draft prior to actually posting?

That has happened to me a couple of times but has cleared up since. I wrote it off as a server thing on my end but ti was a little frustrating at the time.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question, photo bucket changed and now I dont know how to post a picture from there to here can anyone help me?

I have pictures on there...when you bring up a picture on that site to the right there is four choices to choose from, just click on the bottom one "IMG code" you automatically copy the info...then just paste it on this site.

I have a question, photo bucket changed and now I dont know how to post a picture from there to here can anyone help me?

Steve,

I got really irritated with PhotoBucket last week when they switched me to their new Beta version of software without even asking me. I was in the middle of creating a large photo journal and suddenly lost the ability to organize the photos in the order I needed.

They have a Feedback mechanism so I wrote to them about the problem they created for me. They wrote back yesterday with a solution: simply go back to the original version by clicking on that option in the upper right corner of the Beta home screen. I did that and I'm back in business.

Their Customer Support Rep, Frank, was very polite in explaining that their new Beta version does not yet have all the functionality of the original version, including the drag-and-drop Organize function I was trying to use. I simply cannot believe they would ever make a sub-standard version available to the public, much less start switching their users to it without even asking them!!!

I asked them to let me know when their new version was at least functionally equivalent to their original version and I might consider switching to it. In the meantime, I am only going to use the original version (or none at all).

Sounds like an IE problem, switch to CHROME! It's so much faster.

Bruce

Bruce, unfortunately it works exactly the same with IE or Chrome - I use them both and tried them both. The problem is with PhotoBucket's Beta software - they are pushing it out before it's ready.

Guess they should learn how to prematurely launch new software versions like Microsoft - give it a fancy name (not Beta!), make it an automatic update (so users have no choice like IE9) and announce termination of support for the prior version (as they always do)!! grin

I only use Picasa via Chrome. I have posted many pictures here for the group and I think they work well for everyone, don't they?

Bruce

I only use Picasa via Chrome. I have posted many pictures here for the group and I think they work well for everyone, don't they?

Bruce

Yes they do Bruce. You have my vote as the official photographer of the FGMCC

OK, I promise to be on time and give 110%. One thing, I need Friday off, I have to watch my grandsons.

What are you going to watch your grandsons do? LOL LOL LOL And don't go teaching them any of your bad habits like I do to my grand kids, it makes their mother very unhappy but Gramps would have it no other way..