What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Fired it up, dropped it in gear and drove it out of the garage for the first time ever. yay2beers

Come on Cory, you know the rules about pics here!

No pics it didnt happen

We dont believe you kicking

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

added the decklid, some decals, spare and jack, dash, steering column, rear bumper...over the last few days, and also did some spring garage cleaning today.

Note: no rear hangers on tail pipes (still hanging too low)

DSCN9916.JPG

DSCN9915.JPG

DSCN9913.JPG

DSCN9914.JPG

DSCN9921.JPG

Dave the car looks great. Love that color. Pulled my monte out of the garage for the first time in months. Started right up and went down the road the same as always. Felt fantastic to drive the old girl again!!!

Been kicking the can down the road for several months deciding if I wanted to add additional gauges under the dash. Finally pulled the trigger & ordered a Custom Gauge Pod and 3 Autometer GM Bowtie Oil Pressure / Voltmeter / Auto Transmission Oil Temperature Gauges to install into the Gauge Pod.

Well, put the Gauges in the Pod and so far thats as far as I have gotten!

I still will need to modify Gauge Pod for a good fit and make it secure. As you can see in the pic's, those extended arms will either have to be removed on modified in some fashion to make them useable. The contour against the underside of the Dash will likely require some trimming as well. But I liked the fact it will blend in nicely with the Insturment Panel Burl Wood Bezel. As for the Gauges. they are similar in color & style to those in the Bezel that they won't look entirely out of place and distract with the Insturment Panel.

Now to find the time to get the fit up of the Gauge Pod done!

This Pod is large and deep enough I am going to add a hole so I can secure my MP3 Connector from the radio to the inside of the Pod to plug my MP3 Player into so I can listen to my own music if I choose, especially in those dead zones on the highway.

BESTGAUGEPODFRONTVIEW.jpg

GAUGEPODINTERIOR.jpg

GAUGEPODPROFILEVIEW.jpg

Will advise with pic's once installed and operable. I have to remove Tranny Oil Pan, weld a Bung in it for the Temp reading on Tranny Oil.

Hope when done, it looks as I have envisioned it! smile

Doug

I removed the old cooling fan controller and started installing the new one. I'm going to order an inline connector at work tomorrow so if I need to remove the fans at some point I can without splicing wires.

Looks great Doug, is that the one made for the cutlass?grain looks like a good match

Yes, that is the one! Figured I would figure out how to make it work myself as he did'nt seem to have much of a interest in fashioning one for our Montes. Maybe if I do a good enough job with this one and note those modifications, he may take interest in making them.

Doug

The keyless entry is in and works with some changes provided by Tom. Today got the power window issue resolve(kept blown a 30 amp breaker with the key on due to the case sliding off), put the kick panel in, a-pillar installed and the door sill in. Now I got to find my seat bolts and the seat will be installed and the car will be finished for now(key word now) lol

Installed a set of colder plugs (AC Delco R43TS) in the 402. Took her for a test run - no pinging on WOT - still instanteous ping on transition from cruise to WOT in third gear. Seems the vacuum advance is not dropping out instantly or the carb may not be set up quite right.

Dumped in 10 gallons of 93 Premium plus 10 ounces of 108 Octane booster - no more pinging but timing is still conservative. Will try moving initial advance up in 2* increments - if transition pinging immediately returns, the vacuum advance is going to go - mileage will never be reasonable with this engine anyway.

Not far from paint now. most guys will never have to do this but I have about 12 hours of caulking total top & bottom on this car & probably at least 6 tubes of caulk. Moving along now though. yay

IMG_20130414_225957_zpsbd076882.jpg

IMG_20130414_230013_zpsa2b1bc3b.jpg

IMG_20130414_230032_zpsd5a3e367.jpg

IMG_20130414_234048_zpse2444992.jpg

IMG_20130414_234057_zps5b441d3e.jpg

IMG_20130414_234122_zps8069d41d.jpg

IMG_20130414_234131_zps2ab8f810.jpg

IMG_20130414_234145_zps455d4a8a.jpg

Got the raer tires changed out{removed the 275/60's} Removed the and replaced the tailpipes and put the the stock rearend cover back on the axle. Next is the wheel well trim and change out the aftermarket stearing wheel for a stock one.

Clay barred, polish and waxed the Monte. Used Mothers for all three steps. Had never clayed a car before, turns out it was pretty easy and the results were great.

Installed a new steering box. I purchased the variable ratio Borgeson model. I cannot wait to take it for a test drive!

I put 2 hubcaps on the drivers side and admired how stock my car looks with them. I got them off fleabay for $20 for the set. I think they will offset the new 582 and cryoed TKO 600 that gets dropped in at the end of the month.

I took mine out of storage. Got to admit I was pretty happy when I connected the battery, cranked for 6 seconds and with two blips of the throttle fired up right away.