What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I would stop scratching it with the trim mad

the aftermarket trim available is crude at best, the ends and edges are sharp it's hard not to scratch the paint. I spent more time with a file and sandpaper to try to smooth things out and make them fit

Sharp edges are what I need to watch out for when I get my trim? NICE!

I was going to get my trim tomorrow from Leo, but had to back out cause of the lack of funds being that my wife is out of work. mad

Ya Sam, I know what your going through. I have fit all my trim prior to paint, glad I did! I had to grind, file, trim, reshape, bend & MASSAGE most every piece. But that's just me, some guys might be fine with them as is, I'm going for optimum fit, perfect may not be attainable. One of my wheel lip moldings was @ 1/2" too long!!! Yes very crude, and much thinner material than originals.

Cory has the key here,

you will never get a perfect fit, this trim is just poop! I don't care who or where you buy it from, it's all from the same manufacturer, if I could...I would move the rear marker lights a 1/4" forward or the hole in the trim piece is punched to far forward or the twain quarter panel is punched wrong, the best fitting trim piece is the rocker molding

DSCF0202.JPG

I went christmas shopping for the monte (on ebay) and bought it some front and rear bumper guards as well as a power door lock set up and fiber optics and tach and gauges and power trunk and convertible rear courtesy lights and rear seat belt holders.. yep i spoiled Misty this christmas now somehow and sometime when feeling better I gotts install all this stuff... smile its all GM stuff too and good prices as well which surprised me....

Darren.

Took Big Blue to work today - with all the loose trim flapping in the breeze! It's driving season down here so I have to take advantage of it.

Yep, its "take your Monte to work Day" in Arizona also. She flipped 100,000 miles on the way in...........

100000miles-1.jpg

100KMiles.jpg

Oh man, congrats!!!

Did you pull over and have a moment of silence?

Thought about it but cruising on the freeway at 75 wasn't the place....I did the next best thing, when leavin the freeway exit stop I left a good black streak! Got several thumbs up as I flew by.........

took today off. So I went out to the garage and did a little of cutting on a 70 radiator support for my monte. bottom part were the radiator sits is all rusted. so I cut up the bottom of a 72 support to weld it into mine. I will get pictures this weekend.

Well I took my alternator all apart to have it chromed. Don't know if I can put it back together though nutz But I will take it to the local guy here that does alternators and he will boost the output amps as well. This plating will cost me $55 to $75. I know this may be a lot but it is still my factory part. Last time I priced a chrome alternator it was like close to $250.

2012-11-29224845.jpg

2012-11-29225013.jpg

2012-11-29230753.jpg

I know the feeling, I believe If you stare at it long enough, maybe it will finish itself. You ever wish someone would call "Overhaulln" & have Foose finish it for you?

I know the feeling, I believe I you stare at it long enough, maybe it will finish itself. You ever wish someone would call "Overhaulln" & have Foose finish it for you?

I keep asking my son to do that but Chip has to keep it stock, or have him take the '71 and he could have Mike Lavalee do his true-fire airbrush over my blue color and a set of FOOSE wheels cool

Bob and Cory....your cars will get done eventually......and when they are done, they will be fresh as can be and will give you many years of enjoyment. The time, effort and money that you put in to it will give you a feeling of "all in the world is right" when you are driving down the road with the tunes and sunglasses on and your arm out the window.

Thanks for the encouragement Larry, my arm might be inside with the A/C on. Really I think the Overhaulin crew should just focus on doing Montes exclusively for this club. Rename the show & call it "MONTEHAULIN". Then we can sit around, drink beer and watch each others cars get built on TV, done in 7 days and all in a one hour episode.

Hey Rodney, I just bought a Chrome alternator through Napa and was in a Blue and White GM parts direct box and was 100 amps for $99 on sale just last month for the monte...

Darren.