What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rodney, I just bought a Chrome alternator through Napa and was in a Blue and White GM parts direct box and was 100 amps for $99 on sale just last month for the monte...

Darren.

Do you have a link for that Darren?

Originally Posted By: LS5
Hey Rodney, I just bought a Chrome alternator through Napa and was in a Blue and White GM parts direct box and was 100 amps for $99 on sale just last month for the monte...

Darren.

I was gonna post this one for Rodney the other day...LINKY

Originally Posted By: black07ss

Darren.

Wouldn't I have to change the wiring for the voltage regulator. Really didn't want to do that.

Painted my headers today. VHT SP100 flat gray primer, SP117 flat aluminum paint, and SP115 Satin clear. All is supposed to be good within the 1300-2000 degree fahrenhiet temperature. Hope it lasts.

2012-12-02105519.jpg

Rodney, You don't need to change the wiring. There is a kit out there that by-passes the external regulator and makes it so you can run the internal reg. Or you can make a jumper your self. I can get pictures of my jumper wire set up for you.

Had to scratch my head on that pic for a minute, that's awesome. Wish I would have thought of doing that on my car. Guess I can always change it up later. Looks great Paul!

I worked on my Radiator support a little more today.

th_486240_4179009076884_1116703438_n.jpg

th_624_4179012236963_1899130972_n.jpg

Next I need to pick up some Wire wheels and clean up the rust.

Need to pick up some Metal to Metal filler.

Somebody handed me that -32 swivel thermostat housing. That's why I had the Griffin radiator built with -32 bungs. A bung was also welded to the waterpump. That's real AQP racing hose with an ID of 1.75 inches.

Took it for a nice ride -- 64 degrees in northern Illinois on Dec. 2nd, unthinkable but I'll take it. Tomorrow is suppose to be 65 degrees....I'll be leaving at noon from work to take another nice ride!!

Troy

Originally Posted By: black07ss

Darren.

Hey Bill that almost looks identical to the one I have except the what appears to be a smooth flat chrome plate behind the V pulley is not there on mine it has the chrome fins like on the GM one.... I dont have a link but after hunting the box actually says Performance World GM Chrome alternator 110 amps and offers a 1 or 3 wire install application and has a part number of 37127 Show Quality. I have had it on the convertible for 500 miles now no problems and yes have the Voltage regulator bypass wiring installed but out of site so it cant be seen as its UGLY !! and mine is a 1970 too so i needed the kit...

Darren.

Took my 70 Monte out for a short drive to the hardware store today. Sunny and well above freezing. Dry roads and no salt either... I'm liking this winter so far. smile

Roads are salted here....mine won't see the light of day for 6 months. frown

It was 11C (52F) degrees and sunny here today Larry.