What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Took the 72 out for a spin this afternoon. Man the sound of the 2 1/2" exhaust thru those Flowmaster 50's gave me goose bumps. Come on spring I want you NOW.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the chrome trim pieces under the head light bezels to be rechromed. They have a few pits in them. I don't know why I didn't have them rechromed with the head light bezels and grill last year. Oh Well..outside Chicago in January...anything Monte related is a good thing, since she can't hit the street!

Not what I did to my Monte but looked at 2 Monte's for a club member. Felt like Wayne Carini on Chasing Classic Cars...ok maybe not quite like him...maybe a mini-me of him, but anytime you have an opportunity to look at a '70 SS Monte and a 350 '70 Monte locked up in a warehouse, it's a good day.

Troy

Checked all mouse traps that are strategically positioned around the Monte. MICE ARE EVIL little creatures. I never feel bad for the mouse when feeding my snakes lol. - Dave

Most what I got are the pullies and brakets of the motor but good point.

I'm still putting the front end together I put ball joints in today.

Leo

Son in-law come over and we installed the Retro-Sound Model One radio. Sounds a whole lot better than that aftermarket Sony that was mounted in the glove box. Also removed the 140 Watt amp the previous owner had installed in the truck. The new radio sounds better that the old setup even when the amp was working which was not all that often. Found out the problem with it was the speaker wires in the trunk were the only ones hooked to the amp. The Retro-Sound has 50 watts per channel so that is more than enough sound for this ole geezer.

spent about 2 hours wiring the Rear Courtesy in the armrests in the back today and installed some sound deadener and thats it had to quit to much pain.......Dam kidney anyways.....hahaha..

Darren.

Sam hijack

That sand blast cabinet you have is it a bench top model (it looks like it) I think I have about the same size got from Princess Auto (Harbour Freight of the North) if so how do you like it (and obviously use yours a bit). What air dryer setup do you run? I have all the pieces just need the WILL (and health from this DAMN FLU) to finish getting it all plumbed. Your pics do inspire that eventuality, so thanks

Any advice or setup opinions welcome.

Hijack OVER!!!!

Thanks

Scott

I got mine from Tractor Supply, it's a PIA!!!! need a dryer for my compressor moisture in the air stops it from working, remember the sand needs to be replaced after a few uses or it loses it's abrasive quality

Although Sony is a big name it is not great when it comes to car audio. For something not ridiculously priced alpine and newer kenwood would be the way to go. Although I bet the Retro-Sound sounds awesome! cool

Son in-law come over and we installed the Retro-Sound Model One radio. Sounds a whole lot better than that aftermarket Sony that was mounted in the glove box. Also removed the 140 Watt amp the previous owner had installed in the truck. The new radio sounds better that the old setup even when the amp was working which was not all that often. Found out the problem with it was the speaker wires in the trunk were the only ones hooked to the amp. The Retro-Sound has 50 watts per channel so that is more than enough sound for this ole geezer.

I got mine from Tractor Supply, it's a PIA!!!! need a dryer for my compressor moisture in the air stops it from working, remember the sand needs to be replaced after a few uses or it loses it's abrasive quality

Good point I do have an air Dryer (large tube mount to a wall) and will be using that for my air. I will also use it to do some painting once I get it set up for this.

I do know without an Air Dryer it will clog easily especially in cold/warm cycles like my garage will have in winter.

I think Tractor Supply and Harbour Freight/Princess Auto all get them from the same source, maybe the cabinet colour is different is all.

Scott