Set up 12 bolt rear, eaton posi, 3.55 gears, plus

Heckeng

Ok, I am considering upgrading my rear end but am not sure if I really want to or not.

There are three reasons I would upgrade:

1. To get a housing with ford style housing ends

2. To replace my existing 1310 yoke with a 1350 unit (unnecessary but I would upgrade if I changed)

3. Simply to get one that was all clean and degreased

The housing ends are the real issue for me. I am at the level that I really think I ought to get rid of the c-clips but I don't want to get c-clip eliminators as the car is 99% street driven and I would feel better with new ends either welded on my rear or a new housing.

The issue I would have holding me back is that I already have a decent amount of money tied up with it. It has Moser axles, an Eaton posi, Richmond 3.55 gears (that don't make any noise) and a nice aluminum cover

What would a 12 bolt chevy rear go for with these features?

I may try selling mine and swapping in a new one: I can do a Moser 12 bolt with trutrac diff, axles, and cover for around $3000 which seems pretty expensive, I can get a Moser 9" for our car for $1500 plus the center section. I can get a used center, put a trutrac in it and get some gears for around $750 I think.

I have been looking for a while for one for mine and I have seen GM 12 bolt ones run from $400 up to $1200 for a good one. After taking my time I found a Moser 12 bolt with 3:55s ready to go with 2k miles on it for $1500. Came out of my buddies 66 Velle. Now I have an extra inch in the back to make up for rear discs or fatter tires. smile

Hmmmm...I have a set of 15x10's 5"bs.....and a 67 chevelle down the block with a 12 bolt sitting in it..............is it dark out yet??? lol

ihave 15x8 rallys wit 4"bs and stock 12 bolt rear and no rubbing problems...

Not sure what tires you are running but my comment was kinda meant when using something like a 275/60/15.