some track fun with the Chevelle today

CrazyDavey

Woodburn has started their TNT so I went out with the Chevelle today...very good air, the best I've ever run in...a 30.20 baro and -175'DA...lot's of water in the air or it would have been idea weather...changed out the valve springs and put a fresh set of lifters in it as the old ones had about 450 passes on them (they still look perfect though)...

all new bests for the car....9.47@140.03 1/4...5.99@114.22 1/8....1.33 60' then went 2 9.44's@140.xx 1/4....5.97@114.xx 1/8...both with 1.44 60'....the reason the last two were 1.44 60's is I tripped the light with the rear tires...felt like it carried the front forever grin

woodburn_3-10-13.jpg

here's an in car of the 9.44....

she felt goood.... wink

WOW!!! Man Dave you sure did tote the hoops cool Congrats on the new everything. Just make sure you don't stand that beautiful car on the bumper. Amazing what a little freshening up can do grin. Sweet!!!

David

Congratulations on your new "bests", Dave!!! Amazing!!

Now you can update your signature info with even more impressive numbers! smile

man that's some serious air..I had to full screen that just to get the real affect. That's a long time in the air, Question: You ever wonder the outcome when the wheels replant themselves back on the ground? It seemed scary to me, not being able to see the horizon or the car's attitude for what seemed almost three seconds. lol "Speed brews in your veins brother" cool

man that's some serious air..I had to full screen that just to get the real affect. That's a long time in the air, Question: You ever wonder the outcome when the wheels replant themselves back on the ground? It seemed scary to me, not being able to see the horizon or the car's attitude for what seemed almost three seconds. lol "Speed brews in your veins brother" cool

no not really Rod....if it goes up straight then that's how it comes down..the vid doesn't really convey it but it's really pretty gentle, almost slow motion like....I don't think I want it to get any higher though...it would probably be a little faster if I limited the front travel some but it's so much fun and the people at the track really like it...I was amazed how many people were watching it yesterday....I'm cheap entertainment I guess... grin

Great run, super nice photo... 2beers

The video shows the wheelie lasting 3 seconds...that's a pretty long time, almost 1/3 of your entire run... cool

Originally Posted By: Sam (Bones)
that was great!!!!

was that a red light I seen?

Yep, I didn't catch it the first time.

Red lights don't matter at TNT, wasn't trying for a light...that said if you do watch the drag strip graphic at the left side of the windshield you'll see the car creep just before it launches...that usually happens when I get on the throttle before the t-brake is fully engaged and the converter gets some load (the trans is not fully locked),..then it can drive through the brakes a bit...still rusty after a 4 month lay off.... eek..my last pass was a .003 though... grin

Bill my 330' was 3.83 so I guess that would have the wheels up for what 200' or so?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been showing the vid to my friends.

Geez, seems like yesterday this photo was the big news!

davesshovel.jpg