Radio Options

PhatNBad

Hi...What are you guys replacing your radios or 8-track players with? I have the 8 track, but Id like to put a modern system in it without hacking up the dash. Just wondering what everyones doing. Thanks....

I had an original "blue dial" 71 Delco AM/FM stereo radio fully restored and converted to a green dial (correct for '70). He also added audio inputs and outputs to add a CD changer and/or amplifiers to the stock radio.

Here is his site:

http://www.wonderbarman.com

Just wanted to mention another option. A bit pricey. Maintain stock look with modern sound.

Dan

I'm looking for an AM/FM 8-track for the restoration in progress on our '70 Monte Carlo. I had the AM/FM 8-track unit in my '70 Chevelle restored and improved by Antique Automobile Radio in FL. They basically replace the "guts" with solid state electronics, 40W X 4, and add RCA inputs for other devices like XM Satellite Radio or an external disc changer. But, on the outside, it looks completely original. I'm extremely pleased with it.

Big E

I sent my radio to:

Southern Electronics Inc.

730-A Reserch Rd.

Richmond VA> 23236

1-800-476-2880

I was very pleased with the price and sevice.

I just installed it yesterday and it works great.

Les BB

Hey guys....A friend told me that he didnt think my 8-track player was the original....is there a way to tell...was it a certain model/brand?