What Modem and Router?

stangeba

Looking to perhaps upgrade my Modem and Router at home. Working fine with my new PC but the wireless Smart Samsung TV stuff is very slow and choppy.

Both Sandy's Dell laptop (Win 7) and my DELL 8500 (Win 8) and the one printer are hooked up wireless and all work fine. We don't download much. I own the modem saving on the Comcast rental and the router.

Modem I have now:

Motorola SB4100 (Over 11 years old)

Router I have now: (Over 7 years old)

Linksys wireless G WRT54G

Also just thinking (not for me) about the modem type / speed required for good VONAGE operation for Vonage phone users.

Running Comcast mid range cable speed they call "Performance" with Power Boost. What should I get?

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce I have a Cisco valet router for my home network works really good. As for a modem I have a Motorola surfboard which I have had for at least 13 years and its still going strong. I did learn that the modem like their own line vs a spilter feeding it and a TV.

Thanks!

Looks like my router is the item that is slowing me down. I think I will start there, thanks!

Bruce