Operating system not found?

71 MONTE 4 YA

When I turn my Toshiba Satellite on this is what I get. My friend was snooping in my computer and now this is what happening. It's a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 Model# PSAFGU-020002. I tried to run the recovery and applications discs but the hard drive is not found. I bought a replacement hard drive because the hard drive is not being reconized when I went into the Bios setup utility using F2. When I put the new hard drive in it's still showing none by hard disk drive. Can somebody help me please? I'm not able to get on the forum unless I use my phone. So someone Please help me fix my Computer!!!

Rodney when you put the new hard drive in did you run the cd that came with the hard drive? I know on computer towers the hard drives come with a cd that you have to run before using the hard drive. When your in the bios of your laptop does it list the hard drive? I've had the same thing happen to my tower at home and it was just the hard drive dying on me. So it could be that both of the hard drives you have are bad, yes its known to happen brand new out of thte box equipment is dead.

Rob it doesn't see the hard drive in Bios even when I put the new one in. I got the new hard drive off of Ebay. I will contact the seller tonight.

The harddrive may have to be reformatted before its detected by the OS? Is the drive connected directly not using a cable? I'm not a laptop person so not sure there.

Check in the bios and see if the disk controller is set to AHCI. If it is change it to IDE.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the replacement hard drive yesterday. It's was recognized in Bios. Had to set my computer back to the it was from the factory, but it's up and running yay