First pass of the year. New Best!

Mike 57

Made it to the track at Thompson Ohio today. Gates opened at 8, got there at 8:45 there was actually ICE in the water box!

I had Coan build a new torque converter my 8 inch seemed too loose on the big end.

With no changes to the engine even the same spark plug the car responded with a new best of 10.48! last years best was 10.62.

Here is the time slip car #280

trp004.jpg

And Barb got a picture of the launch

DSC04932.JPG

Congrats on a nice surprise for your first pass of the season. Quite a difference with the right part. Mother Nature needs to calm herself. At this rate, we will have no spring and go right into summer. Ice here yesterday morning too.

great job Mike!!! gotta love those Coan converters...I finally talked by bud Dal into one for his car....he was always low on MPH and I think this is gonna fix it..I owe you a phone call.... cool

great job Mike!!! gotta love those Coan converters...I finally talked by bud Dal into one for his car....he was always low on MPH and I think this is gonna fix it..I owe you a phone call.... cool

Coan FTW!!!!

David

Originally Posted By: CrazyDavey

Coan FTW!!!!

David

yesterday one did.... grin

Originally Posted By: dbreese
Originally Posted By: CrazyDavey

Coan FTW!!!!

David

yesterday one did.... grin

So I see! cool

Yowsa! It amazes me how fast these big cars will go with the right setup. Keep up the good work!

Made it to the track at Thompson Ohio today. Gates opened at 8, got there at 8:45 there was actually ICE in the water box!

I had Coan build a new torque converter my 8 inch seemed too loose on the big end.

With no changes to the engine even the same spark plug the car responded with a new best of 10.48! last years best was 10.62.

Here is the time slip car #280

trp004.jpg

And Barb got a picture of the launch

DSC04932.JPG

Your car looks like it launches hard & straight (likely the Crazy Davey effect).

Good job starting the year off right! Only trouble is... it will just be tougher to improve upon as the year progress's as we all attempt to do year over year.

Dan

I think it has some left, still getting used to the new torque converter and playing with shift points. It probably will fall off in the heat.