Exhaust Question!

Ok i am thinking of putting some flowmaster 40 series on and a new exhaust next week or so... And my question is this.. What if any flowmaster series do you guys have or recommend?

It really depends on how loud you want your car to be - both outside and inside.

When I got my exhaust system replaced in 2006, I went with Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 Series mufflers. Their exterior sound is considered "moderate", while the interior sound is fairly quiet and resonance is non-existent. It's a great combo.

It's my understanding that their mufflers with the name "Delta Flow" are the ones to get if you don't want interior resonance. We've driven the Monte to a couple of Western Meets that are about a six-hour trip each way (even when averaging 90mph for some of it), and it was nice to converse at normal volume even with the windows down and arrive without headaches.

I believe the Flowmaster 40 Series are considered to have "aggressive" sound, but I think they're also available in "Delta Flow" versions, too. Check out their website at www.flowmastermufflers.com .

I hope this is of help.

smile

Dave

I have the Delta Flow 40s on my car. As Dave stated above, no interior resonance ( annoying droan at highway speeds ) it's easy to have a conversation with someone in your car! They have a nice sound to them as well, my car is only a fairly stock small block, I'm sure Dave's car would be much louder with the 40s!

Had 30 series on my until they started breaking down from the inside frown only been on the car for 14 years. Going to pick up so cheap mufflers just so the car for make the Eastern meet and then think about a change. Also have the Delta 40's on our 57 Nomad with a small block then a set of series 44's on our 70 El Camino.

Hey BigMike...........I put on a set of FlowMaster 44's with Hooker headers and 2 1/4" pipe. SBC350, she sounds really good! Nice comprimise between the 40's and 50's. Check'em out at Summit as I got free shipping also.............

Hey Murphy i am going just from the manifold no headers for me yet frown but thanks for all help here fellas! Once i get it all done i will post up what i got done smile