Won a trophy

abe72

Hello all,

During this past weekend I attended a car show benefiting cancer patients.

The reason I'm posting this on the lowrider forum is that, although I don't consider my Monte a lowrider, the trophy was warded to to me for best lowrider!Go figure, I was ecstatic that the Monty was recognized and much more when it won.There were 4 other 1st gens there, one right next to me(it was an actual lowrider). I did install skirts on Friday, maybe that changed the look. here are a few pics, what do you think better with or without...

1ccf3c15-a088-49af-b437-14ae8d3dae9c.jpg705d728f-a302-4ee0-877c-62245b3e6319.jpg3b5e7acf-d821-4bf7-88ea-132afb141f9a.jpg

Congratulations, Abe! That's fantastic! I love the skirts on your Monte, especially with the white sidewall tires. Makes it look sleek and low - almost like a lowrider! grin

I thought there was supposed to be a clearance issue when using skirts with rally wheels and derby caps but it seems to work fine on your car.

I just got a set of skirts for my '70 SS last week - need to have them painted Autumn Gold. Also picked up a set of stock 7" rims and a set of original Monte wheel covers. Now I just need to mount some thin white wall tires close to stock size and I'll be able to change the look and personality of my SS Monte at will. Unfortunately, I don't recall seeing a "Lowrider" class at the car shows in this region of Minnesota. frown

Congrats! Nice looking car. Not what I'd classify as a lowrider. Maybe your's was nicer than the lowriders at the show and yours was close enough to the lowrider style for the award.

Thanks guys. Yeah not sure how they judged it, but hey I'll take it. The strange part is that "judges" came back twice to view it - who knows.