Coil Spring Replacement

Do these count as extremely long?

20130913_155120_zps1be48840.jpg

I'm not averse to changing headers if I have to. Just means I have to get some extra pipes made to make up the difference if the replacement would be shorter. I've read that our cars are a bit trickier to get good fitment.

Yup those are long tube headers for sure lol

I would suggest you not drop it at all IMO. Where you live have some rough roads and some curbs you'll drag them over if they are any lower.

If you take it into the city any lower and you'll drag it on the street car rails on Queen St.

Hey I made a pun and I wasn't even trying grin

But if you go with shorter headers yes you can run into other issues I've heard. I actually have not seen (other then the cast iron stockers) short headers on a Monte. I am sure there are some out there, I just haven't seen any of any of the ones I've poked my head under the hood.

But you may gain a couple inches doing so meaning the suspension drop would not change anything. Depends on what your after and how much $ you have to spend on it.

I don't scrape going over speed bumps now but if I was an inch shorter I know i would even if I could not hear it over my exhaust frown

Scott

Exactly why I was looking for a stock height part number. The big chain stores that I've seen have one spring for small block and one for big block. Not exactly the variety I was looking for.

One thing I wish the muffler shop had done was when they used the U-clamps to attach the headers to the exhaust was to put the U part facing the side and not down. When I do rub on speed bumps its usually those threaded rods that take the hit.