rear fender patch panels

I dont know but original parts group sell quarters for $199.95 it's a reproduction not bad. I wish GM would make dam replacement parts so it would'nt be so hard to find parts and to pay more $$$ for a used fender than to buy an NOS chevelle one

------------------

please restore em' and not crush em'

Year One also sells a repair quarter for the Monte. Having done a repair using a panel similar to this on my 67 Firebird (try finding NOS quarters for that!)I'd shy away from using those type panels to repair a car, maybe only as a last resort. If you have never done work sectioning quarters together I can tell you it's a ton of work. We figured we had over 100hrs getting them perfect on my Firebird. Because of that I'm using an NOS quarter to replace the RH quarter on my 71 Monte and also replacing the trunk lid filler panel due to a repair done prior to my owning the car. After 20 years of owning it I figured it was time.

Chris

I know they sell the quarters, but why replace the whole quarter for one little spot behind the wheel that the patch panel would cover it it'd work?

Lucky,

How much of the quarter do you need? I'll be removing the entire RH side on mine in the next couple of weeks. Since I'm drilling all the spotwelds it should come off intact. I'm replacing it because of damage to the top portion, the window area and the sailpanel. The lower portion behind the wheel is fine. I had previously replaced it with a section from a rust free car.I'll send what you need for shipping costs.

Chris