A/C system upgrade progress

Well, domestic issues keep getting into my way but I'm making progress.  Got the compressor manifold installed and the last condenser line connected on the drivers side.  Now for the passenger side.  Was able to get the front side line broke loose and disconnected, but CAN NOT get the back side line to break loose.  1 1/4" and 1 1/8" nuts on the two fittings and I mean I have been horsing that thing and it will not break loose.  Tried PB Blaster, Freeze Off and can't get it to break.  Soaked it good in PB Blaster and let it sit overnight, hoping that it will break loose this afternoon.  I saw that the lower line had what appeared to be an orifice in it.  I tried to pull it out with a pair of needle nose pliers but could not get it to come out and was afraid I was going to break it so left it alone for now.  I thought maybe I'd pull it out and clean it at least, but figured I'd leave it alone rather than break it.  

Started to put the new battery tray in and decided to pull off the lower bracket and blast and paint it first.  Ready to install the new belts and got the correct size battery for the car, 78 series with side terminals.  I think 1970 was probably one of the first if not the first year to have side terminal batteries.  Now to clean up the wires and put new posts on them.  

Sure hope I can get that big line on the back of that RCVR/DRYER loose today!!!!  May have to get some heat on it.  Film at 11:00........................

20230509_213640.jpg

• Like 5