headers

stevns71monte

so when i put my headers on i went to o'reilieys to see if the stock bolts would work. they gave me these alan head bolts and a little tool to go with it but the little tool was cheap and doesnt work anymore so the back bolt on the passenger side where the A/C stuff is the bolt is really hard to get to and that tool isnt helping one bit does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this bolt tight?

Steve,

I would suggested if you can get the allen head bolts(could be trouble) out replace them with some good ARP stainless hex head bolts. When I had the A/C set up on my engine car I used a 12 point 3/8 stainless steel bolt and had no issues. The back bolt on the passenger side IIRC I could get to from under the car. With the new engine I use 5/16 6 point ARP stainless steel bolt and an 5/16" 12 point Mac tools wrench with a little extra length. The 5/16" bolt head gives me a little more clearance with the bigger primary tube headers.

David

there are also different lengths available. I think the standard ones are 1" but you can get 3/4" if you need more room to get them in...as Dave said the hex head (3/8th") are easier to deal with than the allen types....