Blower Motor Info Needed.

I have my a/c delete box installed now and am hooking up my wires to the blower motor and have forgoten which wire goes where. Also I was wondering if I need any of the components off the old box or not. I know I need the relay for the blower speeds and have that on the new box. I have three wies and something that resembles a condencer. One wire is purple and the other is black. There are two prongs on the blower motor. I'm trying to remember if the purple one hooks to the condencer first then to the motor. The condencer piece has a wire on one side that has a male conecter and the other side has a wire with a female connecter. I'm just trying to figure out which way it goes.

Jon.

Is there anyone out there that can look at thier blower motor wires and tell me how they are hooked up????? I need to know where the condencer is hooked up in the wiring.

Jon.

The condenser hooks to the purple (hot) lead, and then to the motor spade that is mounted in a rubber grommet. The black (ground), mounts to the spade bolted to the flat mounting area of the motor.

------------------

70 Monte, 454, auto. 70 Monte, 454+.030, 4speed.71 Monte, 350 beater. 71 Monte SS 454. 65 Corvette coupe 365hp.

Clock, did you install the non AC components under the dash also? The AC cars mounted the resistor for the lower fan speeds on the evaporator case, under the hood, and the non AC is under the dash in the heater core case. The relay under the hood is only for high speed. In fact, everything is different bvetween AC and non AC, from the dash control, which uses cables and not vacuum, to the wiring, to the cases. Even the firewall is holed differently. If you have a build sheet, look for code Z14, A/C body conversion. If you have this then your harness will contain the non AC wiring, which uses an orange wire for power the blower and no fan relay.

Thanks for responding. Your response is correct. I went down stairs today and actually tried the blower. I have the engine out right now and did'nt try it at first install. I did today and figured it out. The resistor your refering to has the four prongs , right? I had to install this in the new delete box. It only had high at first for the motor. I installed the resistor and walla! all speeds work great and no more noisy blower motor cause it's new. What is the two prong thing that was in the blower box also? It's right below the resistor. I plugged it in and it did nothing. This for A/C use only? Thanks again for the response.I love this new delete box. Should help alot when hooking up the headers, more room to manuver.

Jon.

Clock-- I'm assuming your new delete box is the one off of ebay, correct? I too am going to break down and buy one. Just don't have time to fabricate one up. You seem to be happy with the purchase, which leads me to assume you would highly recommend getting it. I purchased my Monte with all the A/C components missing except for the box on the firewall. As for the relay--- did you cut a hole in the delete box or just plug it in and "hide" it somewhere?

well I beleive and correct me if my terminology is wrong or I am just plain wrong in part identification, but there are actually two different relays that go with the blower motor. I know the one thats exposed on top of the old box is for high speed for the blower and there is another resistor that is in the old box to the fender side of the old box that controls the low speeds of the blower motor. It's the one with the four prong hookup. I found this out by trial and error when reconnecting my wiring. Anyway with your question on what i did, I measured the hole it came out of, took an old manella folder and cut that size square hole out of a small portion of the foler and used it for a template to cut out the square hole for the low speed resistor. I put it in the new box the same as it was in the old box because after looking at it out of the old box, it appeared by design that it required air flow to keep the resistor coils cool from the blower motor air in the old box. They do heat up, believe me. The high speed resistor I just mounted that back on top of the new box the way it was on the old one. I did the same with the vacuum canister for the heater conrols also.

Jon.

Jon-- I appreciate you doing all the trial and error for me!!! LOL So you are happy with the way the delete box turned out, correct?! I'd love to have A/C, but gotta get some other things first and I just hate the looks of that big box especially when it's useless. Thanks again, Curt

Thanks Landshark, I was wondering what the heck that thing was for.

Curt, yes I am very happy with it. It beats the heck out of that big ugly box with A/C lines that go to know where. Much cleaner looking and more orderly looking engine compartment.

Jon.