Identifing a turbo 400

Does anyone know exactly werre the numbers are stamped on the tail shaft?

There are two significant variations of the TH400. The TH375 was a version of the transmission used from 1972-1976 in smaller displacement cars. It is identified easiest by its "375-THM" designation cast in the underside of the tail housing. The TH475 was an extra-heavy-duty version, and was found in larger trucks from 1971 on.

the 375 has 375THM cast on the bottom of the tailshaft in 1/4 inch high letters about six inches long right behind the mount. The output shaft is the the same size as the turbo 350. The 475 was used from 71 up in medium duty trucks, motorhomes and buses. There is no way to tell from the outside execpt from ID, but I think that most of them have bolt on yokes instead of a slip yoke. They have straight cut planetary gears. Too many codes to list, they are on a tag on the right side of the case the large letters 1 on the left and 1 on the right side of the tag.

I am pretty sure it is out of a 78 Chevy truck with a bolt on yoke. There is a serial ID but still not sure if it is the heavy duty or not. Can I get a standard slip yoke and use it instead of the bolt on yoke? I pretty sure the bolt in yoke is for vehicles with carrier bearings and hoping it will not make a difference if I use a slip on yoke.

Is the yoke bolted in with a bolt going into the center of the output shaft or is there a nut on the output shaft? I would have to crawl under my pickup to look and it is raining and cold! If the yoke has a bolt going into the output shaft I bet it would work. I am thinking that if the output shaft has a threaded portion on it the yoke may bottom out on it. In 78 the code for a turbo 475 is CL