overdrive

Been driving my Monty lately. Enjoying it too much to put it back in the garage to finish it. The new Gear Venders hasn't worked yet. I began looking into the problem. The module ground wasn't making connection. Took it out to test. There was so much traffic that I couldn't do a real test, but it is awsome. upshifts even faster/harder the the beefed TH-400. "6 speed TH-400". Was wondering about 1st hi to 2nd normal without confusing things. Works great and fast. The floor switch is too far down into the carpet and will have to rectify that because it is too difficult to find. No problem. I highly recomend this unit. Awsome! And I haven't even put it to the real test yet. Good thing I have M/T's traction out back or it would be smokin emm continous through 3 shifts at least before the car caught up to the tires. 63 years old and lovin it. I need to get this monster to the track.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by datadave49:
Hey Hey
Ok George what did you do that made you so happy I got that it had something to do with overdrive
Dave
</font>

Maybe it's the excellent results of $27,000+ spent.

Hey george I know how to make us both happy.

SEND CASH biggrin.gif

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

If it sounds like Thunder!!! Me and My Monte have just rolled in!!!

1970 MC SS or one heck of a clone Needs restored

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WindStar

2002 Dodge Ram

• 4 months later...

Does the GV unit do all of the shifting for you, completely automatically? Or do you have to be on the ready, flipping the switch as you go from 1st over to 2 normal, etc.? The latter would be a real pain in the butt.

I know the GV units were used as original equipment on the Callaway Corvettes, which had some pretty beefy power, but the factory units had some dependability problems. Have you heard if these have been improved? Or is this a hi-perf item that does a great job but won't last as long as the same tranny unmodified?

Thanks for the input.

Will

p.s. 63 and rocking with a Monte? Far out man, far out.

The Gear venders O/D is rated to 1,500hp. There is a more expensive one that is good for 2,000hp. There is a button (dimmer switch)(definately not a pain in the butt) that installes on the floor that workes quite well for shifting it. When in 3rd over, it will automatically downshift when comming to a stop (don't know about other gears). I have the car back in the garage again to complete it, so there is still some experimentation to do with it (getting used to it). There is a manual and automatic mode switch. Not sorry I bought it. Very easy to use.

BB

he is right about the auotmatic down shift coming to a stop and it will automatically turn on when you get to the speed preset by the speed sensor that comes in the kit,but other than that you have to turn it on and off inbetween to "gear split".it works very well gear splitting but it takes practice to make the shifts smooth.