BBC Headers ?

I've run the same Hooker competition headers in my 72 Monte for ten years,they are the 2 in. primary header and fit well with no problems.I'm changing my engine combo and need to switch to a 2-1/8 in. header like the Hooker Super Comp.but don't know if they make one that fits the Monte.The one for the Chevelle is a two piece that goes around the frame,but that one won't fit the Monte.Has anyone put the bigger header on the Monte?I remember reading about Alan Wittiker in a mag.with his Factory Street Monte,it said he did a six hour thrash to fit a Super comp header,but that could have meant some cutting and welding.Thanks,Mike.

Mike, Alans headers required quite a bit of "massaging" I have run in some race's when he was there and have seen them. If i remember correctly it was 2 tube's on drivers and 1 on passenger that looked hand built! Try www.lemonsheaders.com on there site you won't find them listed but go to the contact us or the e-mail us link, tell them what you have and what you want. It won't be cheap trust me, but they are super nice headers!! fit perfect and super quality. They built the ones for my 780hp+ 406 a couple of years back. They build them from a jig of course, on mine they used the chevelle jig with a 4" engine set back fit like a glove. you might want to sit down now, cost was $850 bucks!!!!!!

Don

[This message has been edited by Rice Racing (edited 03-12-2002).]

Thanks Don,but that's what I was trying to avoid..the inevitable.I spoke to Lemmons but was hoping to find something in the 500.00 range.That's the fine for wanting to go faster I guess.What kind of turnaround time did you get from them?

If memory is correct about 3 1/2 weeks. It may be a longer wait since its spring time. I ordered mine in NOV during their "slow" time.

Don